Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    i think we might also want to keep in mind that with the exception of the unbranded gsm treo, product support IS NOT palms problem. this is the reason that each phone is branded by each carrier. once sprint takes the product from palm, customizes it and places their logo on it it is no longer a palm treo but is now a sprint smart device treo. It is the carriers responsibility to make sure the product is ready, not palms. This is why in the days of the 600 (and i assume the 650 as well) palm WOULD NOT give support over the phone for carrier branded treos.
    I don't know about you, to me the best PalmOS devices, something what I consider as "classic", are the original Pilot, the Palm Vx (slightly edge out m505 since the design is the same), and the Treo 650. I never like Sony clie and Handspring Visor all that much.

I can easily find 10 Palm devices that's worst than the 650. Hell I can find 5 PalmOS phones that had worse design than the 650.

Not that I am not ready to dump my 650 for something fasster and stronger, but one year ago it was very advance.
    The bottom line is that, you are going to make the scumbag lawyers more rich.
    Maybe i should say scum of the earth.
    Let's be kind. I know many lawyers working for the common good of mankind. Every profession has it's bad apples. . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    lets be fair, its just business. do those idiots even deserve more than a $50 dollar off coupon? i think not. they had the 15 day trial just like the rest of us but chose to keep it past that point knowing full and well what they were in for. that doesn't mean the lawyers should get peanuts for taking the case on worse than lottery odds if they do win.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    i think the 15 day trial is a joke. even experianced palm users take more thasn that to really get into these things.

im not gonna take sides, but my hope is that this may expedite the release of the next gen treo which will hopefully have more of what we need or expect from the treo line and not habing to rely on hunderd of dollars of third party software to get the performance that should have been built in and many less glitches or bugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Let's be kind. I know many lawyers working for the common good of mankind. Every profession has it's bad apples. . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Okay ...., the nice ones are excluded.
    But someone who is taking up this lawsuit , does not fit your description.
    I'm a lawyer but I will definitely agree that class-action lawyers are in it for the money for themselves, not the class.

I only just skimmed the complaint, but I think dstrauss is completely right. The settlement (and it will almost undoubtedly settle) will probably consist of the plaintiff's law firm getting a fairly substantial fee and some small amount, probably a certificate as others mentioned.

On the other hand, since I've bought both a 600 and 650, I will be happy to take the certificate and apply it to my purchase of the 700 (or 670, whichever is the next Palm OS Treo to come out).
    I just hope it lights a fire under Palm to remedy the prolonged dial tones in the very least.

My Treo is nearly worthless when it comes to phone menus. It was fine before the last update.
    Unlocked P1 T650 + 12" Powerbook + Scion xA = Happiness
    Yeah! Go get those greedy PALM bastards! Since there are no competing smart phones out there, they have a monopoly on the market for a product that everyone needs for their very survival, and they DONT ALLOW RETURNS under any circum....

Oh, wait. Never mind.

When you get your pissy little $25 coupon, take the high moral ground and throw it away. I will.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Since when did the Treo 600 have an MP3 player?? Plaintiff Boulais states "the MP3 player is useless."

They should throw out the complaint on that alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Tundy, wherefore art thou??
    ... ...
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    <moved>

I guess this will be the final nail to Palm and Treo. All the lawyers benefit, Palm will close shop after this.
    ... ... ...
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by ea0423
    Since when did the Treo 600 have an MP3 player?? Plaintiff Boulais states "the MP3 player is useless."

They should throw out the complaint on that alone.
    ... ...
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by ea0423
    Since when did the Treo 600 have an MP3 player?? Plaintiff Boulais states "the MP3 player is useless.".
    The 600 does play MP3s. And quite nicely in my opinion.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Lets see here. We love the treo's. We want Palm to keep making better more complex ones. We want Palm to produce them as fast as possible and oh yeah, keep the price as cheap as possible...so we SUE them?

We do this beacuse a.) The added litigation cost to Palm wil be either added to the cost of the future models or impact their stock price b.) We want to punish Palm fo staying on the cutting edge. c.) we take NO personal responsibility for adding un-supported 3rd party apps d.) We compare the "swiss armey knife of PDA/Phones" with the single function Pals of yesterday and ask why there are more issues. (Hey you never had to take your horse in for new breakes or a trnasmission overhaul)

This lawsuit only HURTS palm and enriches lawyers.
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    I think most of us just want palm to fix the major issues that are quite obviously ignored.

Things like it shutting off 10 seconds after you turn it on, for no reason what so ever. Or the NVRAM issues or the very low sound volume in the ear piece and speaker phone.

It's ludicris that I have to buy a patch from a 3rd party to make my treo work as advertised.

This is where they need a slap in the mouth.
    I believe a big part of the problem is that the first time "smartphone" buyer is expecting the treo to be as stable as there old Nokia cell phone. I think Palm should clearly state it is a complicated PDA/email device with a phone and thus will be prone to problems just as they have with their PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    i think the 15 day trial is a joke. even experianced palm users take more thasn that to really get into these things.

im not gonna take sides, but my hope is that this may expedite the release of the next gen treo which will hopefully have more of what we need or expect from the treo line and not habing to rely on hunderd of dollars of third party software to get the performance that should have been built in and many less glitches or bugs.
    Fat chance.

If anything, it will send the next generation back to the drawing board for "more testing" either by Palm's choice or carrier edict (the carriers DO NOT want to be the next defendant - in fact, if they weren't substantially larger and well heeled, plaintiffs' counsel would have undoubtedly joined them in the lawsuit).

Lawsuits rarely result in BETTER products, only different ones, or more ***** proof warnings/disclaimers. Even those sometimes aren't enough (any of you looked at your lwan mowers lately were there's a label on the deck of the mower which says "Do not place your hands or feet under the mower while it is running.") I'm not saying some Treo users having problems with their units are that slooooooow, but what would the Palm warning be....
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I think this case will probably settle with vouchers for other palm products. At&t and verizon wireless did that with their class action suits.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast