1.    #1  
    This is total speculation on my part. Sprint has a special promotional price on unlimited data for $59.99 until November 12. Then, lets say the new Treo is rolled out on November 13 (or shortly thereafter) and then all the new Treo people get locked in to the higher $79.99 rate. Here is a link:

http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...VisionPlan.jsp
    If they charge $79.99 for unlimited EV-DO data on a Treo, they will be in for a revolt of untold magnitude. $15 to $80 is ridiculous. $29 would be in the realm of my expectations. We will just have to wait and see.

Cheers, Perry.
    Is $59.99 just for cards, or does it include ALL EV-DO devices. I know the Wireless Cards are always charged a higher rate.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Perry - While I agree 15 to 80 is outrageous as a seasoned sprint customer, we've seen Verizon and Cingular get significanly more money for there basic service.... Sprint may start high, score with early adopters, then kick in the reduced plans.

it's speculation, but not unreasonable.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model
    Perry - While I agree 15 to 80 is outrageous as a seasoned sprint customer, we've seen Verizon and Cingular get significanly more money for there basic service.... Sprint may start high, score with early adopters, then kick in the reduced plans.

it's speculation, but not unreasonable.
    Unreasonable is very subjective. To me, more than 29 a month would not be worth it.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I currently pay $10 for Vision. If they intend to charge much more than $15-20 for EV-DO, this new Treo better have some other new features to justify the upgrade. (Cobalt) because I'm going to stay with Vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Is $59.99 just for cards, or does it include ALL EV-DO devices. I know the Wireless Cards are always charged a higher rate.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    uhhh no... no charge for evdo as of late. Sprint has offered power vision packs, with evdo devices, ranging from $15-$25. $59.99 is just for cards.
    I seem to recall that the latest ads I've seen on TV for Verizon were $59 for "broadband" (EVDO) access on their network. Good old competition (lack thereof) at work.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Thank you, this is what I thought.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  11.    #12  
    Seems like there is conflicting information. If you click on the link in my first post you will see that they are giving away the card. This may be only for business accounts though.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model
    Perry - While I agree 15 to 80 is outrageous as a seasoned sprint customer, we've seen Verizon and Cingular get significanly more money for there basic service
    Cingular's unlimited data plan is $20
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    I called today to check the EV-DO pricing if I replaced my 650 with a 6700 and I was told that it was an extra $20 for the first line and $10 for my other lines. I have an account with free Vision which is shared among three lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    Cingular's unlimited data plan is $20

Yes - I pay 10 for Sprint -- so cinguklar is twice as much -- significant diffeanced over a 12 month period.

I belive Verizon's was more BEFORe they realsed EVDO (I'm sure we could easily confirm that on there web page
    da Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Unreasonable is very subjective. To me, more than 29 a month would not be worth it.

I never though I would say tis, but wiith a cpable new Treo model, I would be willing to pay more then $30. ... $40 or $45 -- just thing of all the things you could do -- Especially if the phone can handle voice and data at the same time.

(I know, it's people like me who screw it up for the rest of us)
    da Gimp

Haha is't Sprint remember ?