1.    #1  
    I hava a Treo 650 from cingular, and the touch screen does not respond. It is stuck at the initial set up; asking me to hit each point. Unfortunately, I have a prepaid service with cingular, and can not use the warranty exchnge.. Any help would be great.

Thanks
  2.    #2  
    I've already tried to do a soft and hard reset, and still the device does not work
    Can you exchange it through Palm via manufactuer's warranty?
    Quote Originally Posted by sunn128
    I hava a Treo 650 from cingular, and the touch screen does not respond. It is stuck at the initial set up; asking me to hit each point. Unfortunately, I have a prepaid service with cingular, and can not use the warranty exchnge.. Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Is there any dirt, paper or screen protector stuck between the screen and the underside of the case that frames the screen?

If the touch screen is receiving pressure in this way -- it will think it is being "touched" and will not respond to another touch. . . . . until the pressure is removed.

Just a thought.

Cheers, Perry.
  5.    #5  
    thanks for the help guys... there is no film or protective cover on the screen.. I've wiped the screen down, and still it would not respond.

Has anyone had any success using the manuf. warranty? Is it easy?
  6.    #6  
    Just called Palm.. and they won't do a swap for me because I got the phone used. They stated warranties were non transferable
    Hello sunn128,

Perry asks a good question. I know you say you've wiped the screen down, but try using the corner of a piece of thin, stiff paper (copier paper works well) to very gently slide all around the edge of the screen. Don't let the corner of the paper travel more than an eighth of an inch under the screen edge frame. By doing this, you may be able to dislodge small particles of debris trapped under the frame.

Sincerely
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Try Placing A Piece Of Sticky Tape On The Screen And Gently Pull Away To Make Sure The Touch Screen Is Pulled Away. If This Helps You Have Something Holding It Down. Btw I Bought Mine Used As Well And The Warranty Is Nontransferable And I Got Screwed Too. My Headset Jack Is Broken. No More Mp3 For Me.