Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    First Skype, now this. Pocket XM Radio lets you stream your XM subscription to your WM smartphone. I think its time I seriously consider a WM5 phone.
    Hi Jw68!

Write XM !!

Enough of us hounded MobiTV into releasing a version for our Treo and it did happen. If MobiTV can see the market potential in the Treo usage base, others may come to see the light, as well.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 09/19/2005 at 05:17 AM.
    Not every platform can or will be able to run every app.
    With free shoutcast, I'd think that XM is somewhat leery to get too deep into this particular market.

I'd imagine they'd rather be more involved with those who aren't quite as savvy and license hardware that ties to their subscription service.
  5.    #5  
    Yeah, but if you are an XM subscriber and you have one of those new WM5 devices, like the PPC6700, with EVDO, you can probably get very high quality audio stream. AT this point, this is unavailable to Treos.
    meh, i'll email sirius, they have a far better product than XM anyway.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    ^ I LOVE my XM radio. It's a must for me because I do about two hours of commuting everyday.

Having XM on my Treo would be great. I could ditch shoutcast for a much more reliable solution. When at work, I stream XM Radio on my PC and love it.
    Now you know how Mac users feel.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    This app is only for PPC Smartphone. This is not Pocket PC that runs on Axim, iPaq and the like. It will run on about 3 phones available in the US. Not real grounds for switching to PPC.
  10.    #10  
    I did a little more digging and it seems you can access XM just through IE for WinMob for free, no extra software to buy....Argh.....

http://spaces.msn.com/members/tendom...kkXg!109.entry
    If someone posts a contact at XM, maybe we can get a grass movement going
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    err.... "Grass Roots movement" ....
    da Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by B-model
    err.... "Grass Roots movement" ....
    Yeah...the "grass movement" was so '60's...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Yeah...the "grass movement" was so '60's...

Was it? I thought it was so "Washington Square park". I must be living in NY too long.
    da Gimp

I would be happier if somebody write a program to fool iTunes into think my phone is the iTune phone so it will refill/update the music for me automatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    I would be happier if somebody write a program to fool iTunes into think my phone is the iTune phone so it will refill/update the music for me automatically.
    Buy a Mac and get Missing Sync.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    Now you know how Mac users feel.
    lolzzz. Yeah you are right. On the same subject, you can listen to xm radio on your mac if you have windows media player.
    a screw it - just stream musin through p tunes and call it a day
    da Gimp

iTunes...funny
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Sprint is going with some kind of satellite radio soon.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast