Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    You won't believe it!

One of the nations leaders in Time Management Training and developer of software for Palm Handhelds has official insulted all Treo Users.

I have been using FranklinCovey Products for 7 years now and I have never been able to get FranklinCovey Products to work correctly on my Treo 650, specifically, their PlanPlus Software. I have learned to work around the bugs but have been waiting for the day it was corrected.

In an effort to get an update on an upgrade for our Treo 650, the FranklinCovey Operator told me the following:

FranklinCovey does not make software that supports the Treo 650 and will never make software that supports it. You are using the wrong Palm Pilot if you want to use our software.

WHAT!!! I told them that the Treo 650 is the hottest selling Smartphone on the market today and you even sell them in your own stores. Why would you not support them. He had no answer only restating the same and told me once again I had bought the wrong palm.

FranklinCovey has now official lost my long time business. I have now switched to Agendus for PIM usage. I suggest all of you do the same because you will receive NO HELP from FranklinCovey nor in the future. They have complete written us off. They do not care.

So, I took some time to research a little FranklinCovey.

1. They lay off more employees in Utah then any other company.
    2. Their only revenues for the past two years are because of company downsizing and store closures.

Need I go on! They fire a head executive nearly every 6 month. I ask all others to either boycott FranklinCovey or email them and demand that they support the Treo 650.

email them here: comments@franklincovey.com
    Their stuff is too expensive for me. Besides, I don't use a paper planner anymore, so they won't get any more of my money. I was buying Day Runner fillers because it was basically the same, only cheaper. Now the Treo 650 is my planner, and I don't need their software.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    In the link below you'll find my comments on using Franklin Covey on my Treo 600. I was a long time user of the desktop software since 1993 and began using it with my Palm Pilot, Visor, Prism, Treo 300 and Treo 600. Then I ditched it for the simplicity of the Palm Desktop.
    LOL

Search for FranklinCovey (regular site)

Search for FranklinCovey (mobile site)

Since those comments were written, I have begun to use TMP which is a great program. http://www.lilredspider.com/TMP/index.html

or do a search on TMP on Treo Central or click this link http://discussion.treocentral.com/se...ng&showposts=1

Good Luck.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 09/17/2005 at 03:08 PM. Reason: fixed broken link
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    As Covey states, "Seek to understand, then the be understood".

Well, I understand the company is going down the crapper, another victim of management than didn't see the future.

Now they understood why dollars have flowed out continuously.

(I always found their stuff a bit overboard anyway...I spent to much time managing my management tool. Just give me a Treo 650 and Agendus and I gain 2 hours a day in productivity.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    As Covey states, "Seek to understand, then the be understood".

Well, I understand the company is going down the crapper, another victim of management than didn't see the future.

Now they understood why dollars have flowed out continuously.

(I always found their stuff a bit overboard anyway...I spent to much time managing my management tool. Just give me a Treo 650 and Agendus and I gain 2 hours a day in productivity.
    That was my experience also. As soon as I started using a PDA, the Covey stuff became ancient history. I always find it interesting when those who "teach" the rest of us how to manage ourselves CAN'T manage themselves?!
    Dr. Sandman
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Amen! Hyrum Smith is the ultimate hypocrite/oxymoron.
    Palm V to the Palm 505 to the Palm 515 to the Zire 71 to Treo 600 to the Treo 650 to the Treo 700 to the Treo 755 to the Treo 700w (30 days hated it) to the Treo 755p to the Blackberry World Edition (Hated it) to the PALM PRE!
    Wow...what a rude response from them!

I guess one of the 7 highly effective habbits is not good customer service.
    Isn't FranklinCovey is about getting better at communications, time management and work? Quite a turnaround for this company that promotes these ideas.
    It realy is amazing that any company would have employees who would react to a customer call with such a comment.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    With first line customer service reacting in that manner, it's probably an indication of failed upper management.

I ditched paper when I got my 2mb 3Com Palm III in 1998 and started using Datebk3...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Their stuff is too expensive for me. Besides, I don't use a paper planner anymore, so they won't get any more of my money. I was buying Day Runner fillers because it was basically the same, only cheaper. Now the Treo 650 is my planner, and I don't need their software.
    Ditto..Went the Franklin Covey route about 2 years ago. Find the Treo 650 and internal as well as 3rd party apps to give me all I need. Was curious,Benjoem, what features are you looking for that you can't get from the Palm OS and 3 rd party software. I find the Treo to be my Franklin Covey killer (paper and software). I can schedule meetings, phone calls, task, write free hand notes with Bugme +, dictate notes to myself.
    so were all agreed- the company is done for
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rkramer
    Ditto..Went the Franklin Covey route about 2 years ago. Find the Treo 650 and internal as well as 3rd party apps to give me all I need. Was curious,Benjoem, what features are you looking for that you can't get from the Palm OS and 3 rd party software. I find the Treo to be my Franklin Covey killer (paper and software). I can schedule meetings, phone calls, task, write free hand notes with Bugme +, dictate notes to myself.

Agendus is doing most of what I am looking for on my handheld, but the The FranklinCovey PlanPlus had a great Spot to keep daily notes. All day long I could keep running notes about a my day and then hop back to them and search them by day. This was good for outlook and my handheld, not to mention I could catogrize my tasks a little better. I haven't used paper either for 5 years and it has been great.

Don't get me wrong, I still believe in the original FranklinCovey ideas but my company along with others have stopped purchasing us FranklinCovey Refills and software, they know longer believe it is a company that follows what it preaches. And to sell a device and $100 software in their store and then tell me it won't be supported that is absurd.

Agendus is great, but the desktop version is not where I would like it to be. So I am trying to decide what to move to.

This what I would like:

Quick Access to Email, Tasks and Calendar all on one screen with a place to take notes. Then have this all sync to my handheld. Agendus is about 90% there but missing a few features.

Covey has it, but is full of bugs and doesn't support Treo Fully and according to them "will never".
    This is coming from a current manager in the same district that you were in !

I have to say it sounds like you just bitter that you did get your promotion when you worked for franklin covey

You said in a post on 08/16/2005 about franklincovey

"I was passed up 3 times for promotion and I was the top seller in the district and sometimes the west coast. but they said I didn't have enough experience ."

you should really have a look at plan plus for windows xp works great on my treo been using it for 4 months now with no problems
    FranlinCovey does have support for Treo 650 as show on the FranklinCovey store website:
    http://shopping.franklincovey.com/sh...&id=prod610024
    See related products at the bottom: PlanPlus for Microsoft Outlook, PlanPlus for Windows XP.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    The company is a DINOSAUR!! I have about 10 planners if anyone is interested. They are just as expensive as a low end Palm.

jsjsjs
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
  17. FjT
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    Agendus is doing most of what I am looking for on my handheld, but the The FranklinCovey PlanPlus had a great Spot to keep daily notes. All day long I could keep running notes about a my day and then hop back to them and search them by day.
    DayNotez should do nicely for this.
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=1&prodID=7100
    I used to LOVE my Franklin-Covey leather binder. It had 2 inch rings...handles...shoulder strap....beautiful pages.

Then I got my first PDA....Handspring Visor. Gee....I think I still have the beautiful...and expensive binder...someplace.

Never looked back....plus have any of you actually gone into a Franklin-Covey store....Boy the employees are snobs! They treat you as if they are doing you a favor to sell you something....this I don't need.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    XTreogeekX,

Thanks for bringing that up. I was passed up and I was offended and at times I still am. But I am much much happier about my career route.

Apart from that I have been diligently faithful to franklincovey. refering person after person to purchase its products. You can do a deeper search of my posts and you will see have helped tons of people to use PlanPlus and I encouraged them to work through the problems because an update was coming.

My need for a posting is out of offense for being told my palm was bad and that I shouldn't have purchased it. That they were rude to me.

Maybe you are happy as the manager and you love the company but realize your future now and re-evaluate your company one that promotes and pushes customer service but is quick to be rude right back at you.

I stated in my first post to have people either boycott or email demanding user support, again giving franklincovey another chance.

Well, have nothing more to say other than me leaving FC has nothing to do with my post except looking for a solution to the Treo's problem.

Why would they be so rude, why would they be so inconsiderate, why would the advertise the 650 and planplus but not support it.

Sad if you ask me.
    Palm V to the Palm 505 to the Palm 515 to the Zire 71 to Treo 600 to the Treo 650 to the Treo 700 to the Treo 755 to the Treo 700w (30 days hated it) to the Treo 755p to the Blackberry World Edition (Hated it) to the PALM PRE!
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I tried Franklin's PlanPlus for about an hour and HATED it!

For one, the Franklin Palm applications did not play nicely with my Treo (namely 5-way navigation). Two, their PlanPlus software is WAY bloated and seems to have quite a few bugs (I trialed the Outlook version).

I've always liked the Franklin system and I thought their software would help me stay more organized and take better notes, but instead all I found was frustration.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast