Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Hey All,

I got a BestBuy for Business catalog today and on the front is a picture of a treo w/ a windows screen. Inside, on page 39 there's a sprint logo and a closeup of the phone. It's priced at $649.99 and it is very definitely showing a windows os on the screen. Faux Pas by bestbuy, or marketing department getting creative w/ photoshop? The body of the phone doesn't look like the other pics and videos of the 670.

Anyone else see this?

Grant

Update: just went to www.bestbuyforbusiness.com and did a search for POTR650NC which is apparently the manufacturer's part no.

http://www.bestbuybusiness.com/bbfb/...tProductDetail

no image, available w/in 2 weeks for 639.99

They separately list the standard treo 650 from sprint: POTR650HK, $599.99

http://www.bestbuybusiness.com/bbfb/...n=showOverview
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    NC = No Camera. It's the PalmOS version, simply without the camera (and with a higher price to boot). Google the part number and you'll find it with specs at other retailers. The picture in the catalog must simply be a mock-up.
    Well - why would BestBuy go to the trouble and expense of a mock-up? That would be like pasting a pictuer of WinXP running on an iMac.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    looks like they took down the picture, the link doesn't work and a search for the product on the best buy business page comes up with no pic.
    Hey can you scan that and post the pic? Thanx.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki
    Hey can you scan that and post the pic? Thanx.
    And be sure to start a new thread, that "you have attained photo's of the new 670!!!!oNe1!!"

That should get things going for awhile.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Well - why would BestBuy go to the trouble and expense of a mock-up? That would be like pasting a pictuer of WinXP running on an iMac.
    Have you seen a Best Buy ad in the weekend paper lately? Every single TV and computer have the same picture showing. Those are all mock-ups. Possibly, the person designing the catalog didn't know what he was doing, or knew more than we think.
    haven't seen this - please scan & post- I'm curious as well to see it
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG
    Have you seen a Best Buy ad in the weekend paper lately? Every single TV and computer have the same picture showing. Those are all mock-ups. Possibly, the person designing the catalog didn't know what he was doing, or knew more than we think.
    It's got to be the later - no known PPC runs a SQUARE screen (much less WM5), so it would have to be a pretty crafty job just to get the aspect ratio right to do the cut & paste. Smells pretty fishy to me.
    dstrauss;
    WM5 does run at 240x240 and 2003SE was modified by HP to run at 240x240 for their device, so its more than posible. Lack of pic notwithstanding, I dont see anything at the linkn that indicated a WM Treo. I agree with the no camera comment seeing the NC there.

EDIT: Oh yea, I did a pic for BargainPDA in march or may that had the Treo with a WM5 screenshot on it, it was the 240x240 one from the Hp hw6500, so it's possible.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    But 240x240 would be such a rip-off, if they ever even glanced at our native 320x320. WHy step backwards. They may as well stick with a smaller 240x320 screen so te smaller pixels give the illusion of a good screen.