Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Any way to get rid of that annoying handango home page when blazer opens. I changed it in preferences but it won't change?
    Last edited by Expidia; 09/13/2005 at 09:02 PM.
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    I have set my Blazer homepage to treo.discussion.treocentral.com

Blazer> Options> Preferences> Page

Start with: Home Page

Home Page: xxxxxxxxxxx Tap OK

Tap OK to leave the Page Tab.

This does not work or stay?

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Nope, I typed in exactly what you have> tapped OK> left program came back in and Blazer still loads to Handango?
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    Quote Originally Posted by Expidia
    Nope, I typed in exactly what you have> tapped OK> left program came back in and Blazer still loads to Handango?
    What carrier do you have? Something is blocking this setting from taking hold. Have you tried a soft reset and then try making the setting?

What happens if you set "Start With:" to one of the other settings like "last page viewed" or Bookmarks or Blank Page?
    Last edited by gtwo; 09/13/2005 at 09:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Verizon- I checked home page and it still says what yours says. I cleared cookies and cache and connected to net. Still loads right to Handango! I wonder if others are having this issue. I did the Verizon upgrade a few days after I bought the 650 several weeks ago but I doubt if that has any effect on Apps.
    Check my edit above -- what happens if you check something else besides "homepage"?
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Thanks I tried all those changes but no cigar! I'm really dreading calling Verizon because it takes 10 calls to find one support person that knows anything about the palm platform.
    Weird? Are you sure you have it set to "start with homepage" and did you select 'ok'?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Something is definitely stuck. Good Luck.

If all else fails, you could do a hard reset to a clean Treo, rename your backup folder "backupold" and then Hot Sync. This will give you all your PIM data back but no 3rd party apps. Try Blazer then. If it is still stuck on Handandgo, you probably have a device problem. If Blazer will set your desired homepage, then you had a 3rd party app getting in the way. Re-install them fresh, one at a time, testing as you go . . . .to find the culprit.

(Programs> Palm> userid> backup . . . . . to backupold)
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Yes, I tried both of your suggestions. Thanks for your patience though. I'll just bring this issue up the next time I have another problem where I have to contact VZ support. It's not worth my time to call them on this one. I used to use Webpro on my 7135 which was free and worked great. But it is not compatible with the 650.
    It is stuck on Handango after a hard reset? Very wierd!
    Make sure you are taping on the 'Web' icon and not the 'Downloads' icon. VZW includes a downloads link in the application launcher that uses the same icon as Web but with a red arrow across it. Have not found a way to delete it.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Problem solved! Damn . . . I've owned this phone for 3 weeks now and when you click on the download icon it opens Blazer so I've always thought that was the way into the net and always wondered why they call it "download". But this is how I always entered. It's the same Blazer program once you're in there so what did I know? I was scrolling around the desktop after I gave up and saw "WEB" clicked on it and Blazer opens with the settings you gave me and loaded to Treo discussion. I think if you go into Downloads and try and change it yourself will see that they have the download page locked to Handango web page but changes will take effect in the Web app.
    Thanks for your help and I don't know how I could have missed the Web icon for 3 weeks. Probably because the download icon went into the same Blazer program.

Edit: Antmelnat . . . That's funny, I see as you were typing out that last suggestion of yours we both came up with the same conclusion almost at the same time. I just saw your post when I refreshed.

Thx to all for your help
    Last edited by Expidia; 09/13/2005 at 10:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antmelnat
    Make sure you are taping on the 'Web' icon and not the 'Downloads' icon. VZW includes a downloads link in the application launcher that uses the same icon as Web but with a red arrow across it. Have not found a way to delete it.
    This is true, now that I've found it's the same blazer program as Web I too would like to get rid of it. I'd like to also get rid of that Intellisync mail icom that the wireless sync install put on my Treo because I use Versa Mail and the other "Mail" icon with the black and red arrows going in opposite directions, only adds confusion when others use my phone and try and use email.

There must be a utility to remove these programs but they don't appear when I look for them with FileZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Expidia
    This is true, now that I've found it's the same blazer program as Web I too would like to get rid of it. I'd like to also get rid of that Intellisync mail icom that the wireless sync install put on my Treo because I use Versa Mail and the other "Mail" icon with the black and red arrows going in opposite directions, only adds confusion when others use my phone and try and use email.

There must be a utility to remove these programs but they don't appear when I look for them with FileZ.
    They are in ROM. You can use a program called Obfuscate to hide it.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Thank you for this discussion!!! I was doing the same thing!! Always clicking on Download. Changed the home page at least 12x.

THANK YOU!
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    so what IS the download icon for then?
    Takes you to Handandgo.com -- a seller of 3rd party software for the Palm OS.
    Oh. Yeah, I'm familiar with handandgo. Thanks Perry. I suppose I need to be patient and just wait until I get my 650 before asking to many questions. Thanks for responding to my other Posts...I'm sure I'll be chatting with you some more.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    They are in ROM. You can use a program called Obfuscate to hide it.
    Expidia says: Hides it but does not free up any rom memory-correct?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast