1.    #1  
    Does the stock increase due to Treo 650 sales mean that Palm will be more inclined to stick with the 650 model for a while longer to see just how much they can milk this cash cow, or does it compel them to rush out an even better model while the buzz around their corp. is in a positive awe?
    Aren't Treo account for half of Palm's sales anyway? At least when I went to the road show in the spirng, the figure was 40%.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Does the stock increase due to Treo 650 sales mean that Palm will be more inclined to stick with the 650 model for a while longer to see just how much they can milk this cash cow, or does it compel them to rush out an even better model while the buzz around their corp. is in a positive awe?
    I think they have probably sold enough 650's (and have enough for warranty returns) to put out a new treo. Arguably if they don't, some who have hung on to the 600 and have been waiting for the step up from the 650 will look to something else.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I think they have probably sold enough 650's (and have enough for warranty returns) to put out a new treo. Arguably if they don't, some who have hung on to the 600 and have been waiting for the step up from the 650 will look to something else.
    Or maybe they will eventually give in like the rest to Treo domination, and also purchase a 650. There is no Smartphone out-to-date that can compete with the Treo both feature/functionality and pricewise.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Or maybe they will eventually give in like the rest to Treo domination, and also purchase a 650. There is no Smartphone out-to-date that can compete with the Treo both feature/functionality and pricewise.
    Not to turn this thread into something else (that has been discussed before) but the treo 650 has its own limitations. You seem to be ok with them...thats fine. (the ones that come to my mind are wifi, evdo, bt 1.2, more memory...)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

My contract is expired now. They better put out some vaporware/press release/promotype now. I am not going to wait 4+ months for the next treo.

They are lucky that the iPod phone v.1 is very weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    My contract is expired now. They better put out some vaporware/press release/promotype now. I am not going to wait 4+ months for the next treo.

They are lucky that the iPod phone v.1 is very weak.
    You can say that again. Boy am I unimpressed with the looks. Ew.
    "whatever7: My contract is expired now. They better put out some vaporware/press release/promotype now."

Gosh I hope not. I still am under K with sprint and I know I would be paying full price for the next treo. If it comes out in Jan or so...I will be happy. If they put out the promo now and it has some pretty good upgrades (evdo/wifi/1.3mp cam/more memory/bt 1.2/etc...) it would just drive me insane. Maybe not knowing is good ;-)