1.    #1  
    FWIW, I just received an e-mail from United Airlines that if you buy a ticket for $500 or more and fly by January 6, you will get a free T650. Actually, almost "free" since you must also get a Cingular plan with it. The details are here: http://unitedoffers.com/el/DMP?objec...reob2c0805.reg

Interesting promotion for a "niche" high-end phone.
    (not sure if this is in the proper forum) But this seems like a good deal if you are going to be flying anyway and are looking to buy a gsm treo.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Yep, service plan is required though

Wonder if you could get the phone and service plan, then cancel the service plan?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Yep, service plan is required though plan?
    No kidding, i could get a few phones! I fly with them for work all the time and we get refundable tickets so we spend about $1000 each flight. If you didnt need the plan I'd have a boat load of these.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    you can get up to 3 of them if you want!

Register now at united.com/treo. Then purchase a qualifying one-way or roundtrip of $500 or more on United®, United Express® or TedSM between September 6 and December 31, 2005, and fly by January 6, 2006:

Fly one qualifying trip of $500 or more and receive a Palm Treo 650 smartphone. (Cingular plan commitment required. Limit three Palm Treo 650 redemptions, one per ticket purchased.)

Once you qualify, you will receive an e-mail within 4-6 weeks with a special code you can redeem directly with Global Wireless Data, our fulfillment partner.
    <merged and moved>
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Yep, service plan is required though

Wonder if you could get the phone and service plan, then cancel the service plan?
    Not exactly. From the Terms And Conditions :

Customer must maintain the service agreement with Cingular Wireless for a minimum period of 180 days or may be subject to a charge to their credit card for the full amount of the qualifying Palm Treo 650 smartphone rebate.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    <merged>
    Check out this link. Maybe someone can take advantage of this offer

http://unitedoffers.com/el/DMP?objec...reob2c0805.reg