Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    One of my users who uses Verizon as a provider is having a problem with his Treo 650 that I am trying to find a solution to. When he is connected to the data network his calls go directly to voice mail. Is there a setting or some where I can change this?

    DJ JONES
    IT Manager
    Adams Energy
  2. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_JONES
    One of my users who uses Verizon as a provider is having a problem with his Treo 650 that I am trying to find a solution to. When he is connected to the data network his calls go directly to voice mail. Is there a setting or some where I can change this?

    DJ JONES
    IT Manager
    Adams Energy
    Won't be able to fix it, it is a CDMA "feature". What is he using the data connection for?
  3.    #3  
    Chatter Email. Was working fine until last Friday.
  4. #4  
    Forgive my ignorance, but what would you hope happens when someone calls a cell phone that is in the midst of a data call?
  5. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst
    Forgive my ignorance, but what would you hope happens when someone calls a cell phone that is in the midst of a data call?
    I think GSM allows both at the same time, though I am not %100 sure.
  6. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_JONES
    Chatter Email. Was working fine until last Friday.
    This might be a question for Marc in the Chattermail forum.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst
    Forgive my ignorance, but what would you hope happens when someone calls a cell phone that is in the midst of a data call?

    I have 12 Treo 650 in my company right now. The Cingular and the Sprint appeared to be working fine. I guess what the deal is that if you are in the middle of a send or a negotiation it will send straight to voice mail. For the most part that makes sense now. I guess I did not fully explain the question.
    My Bad. HAHAHAHHA
    DJ
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    This might be a question for Marc in the Chattermail forum.


    NRG,
    I think you hit the nail on the head with the FEATURE! I looked up some info on that and that is exactly right.
    What was happening was the IMAP was always trying to connect and was failing do to authentication problem. Thus the calls where always being routed to voice mail. Al fixed now. Thanks.

    DJ JONES
    IT Manger
    Adams Energy
  9. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_JONES
    NRG,
    I think you hit the nail on the head with the FEATURE! I looked up some info on that and that is exactly right.
    What was happening was the IMAP was always trying to connect and was failing do to authentication problem. Thus the calls where always being routed to voice mail. Al fixed now. Thanks.

    DJ JONES
    IT Manger
    Adams Energy
    Glad you got it all ironed out.
  10. #10  
    With a GSM Treo (600, 650), you CANNOT have simultaneous voice and data transfers.

    However, you CAN have a data connection up (with no GPRS packet being sent or received), and a simultaneous voice call.

    stipus

Posting Permissions