Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    hello,

I just recently switched over from nextel to sprint and purchased a tre 650. I used to own a i860 for my voice needs and a Sidekick for my internet/pim needs. Now that sprint offers M2M with nextel I can dump my sk and i860 and use one device for all of my needs.

My treo is suppose to be arriving today. I've already purchased a 1gb card, screen protectors and a leather pouch. I've also read the entire user manual already and have been lurking around these forums for months. This site has been really helpful and was a big reason why I chose the treo platform.

I will be using my treo for it's pda functions to its fullest as I am a full time CS suppervisor at a big furniture chain and a full time student. I will use email lightly, maybe 5 a week. Blazer will probably be the must used app on my handset. As soon as i recieve the treo I'll start searching for a good IM software and see which one better satisfies my needs.

well, this is my first post but like i said before i've been here for months now.
    I hope that the treo fits my needs and will be looking foward sharing my expiriances with you all.
    Welcome to the family =)
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    WELCOME!!

For the student side of things try: DUE YESTERDAY at:

www.nosleep.net

It is a freeware student scheduling software. Check it out and see if it can work for you . . . . My daughters use it on their Zire 71s.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 09/06/2005 at 11:24 AM.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    thanks for the welcoming. DUE YESTERDAY seems like a good app.

I can't waite for this phone to arrive already!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaz3
    thanks for the welcoming. DUE YESTERDAY seems like a good app.

I can't waite for this phone to arrive already!!!!
    Actually, as you can see from my signature line, I am a long time Palm PDA user. . . . . . I tend to look at my Treo 650 as a PDA that just happens to have a phone and Internet.

Cheers, Perry.
    Congras! Get a leather case. iPod cases fit too!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    well the phone finally arrived. I already HoySync'ed it outlook so all of my contacts are in.

i have one question, the screen protector is kind of dirty (finger print) i've got one more but i cant figure out how to take this one off.

any advice would be appreciated.

thanks,
    An ever so SLIGHTLY damp cloth followed by a dry cloth should remove the finger print without having to swap in a new screen protector. Or are you speaking of the factory screen cover that has a tab on it?

I use "Monitor Wipes" by Dust Off to clean my Treo Screen Protector, as one rub up against my oily cheek leaves quite a "finger print" on the screen cover. I also use a 3M Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth to do the "dry" polishing with, if its good enough for camera a lens . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 09/06/2005 at 01:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    so i was speaking of a screen protector that i purchased from the treo store. I believe that the finger prints are on the inside of the protector.

edit: I just read that i should be able to take it off with a piece of scotch tape.
    so i was speaking of a screen protector that i purchased from the treo store. I believe that the finger prints are on the inside of the protector.

edit: I just read that i should be able to take it off with a piece of scotch tape.
    Learn something new everyday! That's a great idea and I have spent all that time trying to coax a corner up w/o scratching the screen. . . .

Also. . . read my edit above on Monitor Wipes and the 3M cloth.

Cheers, Perry.
    The one that comes with the Treo is not a screen protector. It's just a thick protection cover.
    Finally grabbed one of ebay today. I've been lurking these forums for quite a bit now, so you and me both brother.

Difference me being a mac user.

Off to the Mac+Treo forum I go!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    well I am posting from my treo. finally!!!!!

I know it has only been a couple of hours but so far I am loving it.
    well I am posting from my treo. finally!!!!!

I know it has only been a couple of hours but so far I am loving it.
    Well, be sure to take advantage of this thread at some point in the future:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=87310

Your initiation into Treohood will thus be complete.

MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    If you are not alredy using this, here is the web address for browsing TC from your Treo. You miss the graphics but speed goes way up:

http://treo.discussion.treocentral.com
    Mine refuses to be come off. I sat there one day trying to lift it off with scotch tape for about an hour. I have a piece of dust right in the middle. Now I am just waiting for nature to loosen the screen protector.
    How about duct tape? Of course, if it doesn't work . . . . ugh!

Who sells mini suction cups? Of course, start at a corner. . . . no need to pull the screen protector and screen right out of the case!!
    Last edited by gtwo; 09/06/2005 at 05:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    How about duct tape? Of course, if it doesn't work . . . . ugh!
    I think you might have a better chance tearing off the whole screen if you use duct tape