Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    What's the big deal with that? It appears like TextPlus, which uses a dictionary search to fill-ahead. Works with keyboard as well as graffiti.

http://www1.smartcell.com/web/produc...duct.aspx?id=4
    I suppose that it's the fact the stylus is dragged across the virtual keyboard rather than each letter being tapped individually.
    Last edited by Hicks; 09/04/2005 at 02:24 PM.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    I still don't get it. If the letters I want to select are not next to each other on the virtual keyboard, I'll still have to lift the stylus and place it on the next letter. In my book, that's the definition of tapping.

Unless, IBM is going to put up a dynamic new virtual keyboard based on the dictionary search. That will be cool to try out.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    well to go against the popular opinion, there are days I do miss it. But if it comes down to purchasing a smart phone with or without a keyboard, I will pick the device with the keyboard everytime.
    Rarely, if ever.
    --
    j.
    Motorola 1100 (Beige!) -> Nokia 1610 -> Nokia 2110i -> Ericsson GH688 (x3) -> Motorola StarTac Xe (x4) -> Motorola ? (some old CDMA brick) -> Ericsson T28 (+ Palm V) -> Ericsson T10 (+ Palm V) -> Nokia 6210 (+ Palm Vx) -> Sony Ericsson T610 (+ Palm Vx) -> Pa1mOne Treo 650
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I still don't get it. If the letters I want to select are not next to each other on the virtual keyboard, I'll still have to lift the stylus and place it on the next letter. In my book, that's the definition of tapping.

Unless, IBM is going to put up a dynamic new virtual keyboard based on the dictionary search. That will be cool to try out.
    The way I read it, I thought it meant that you wouldn't need to lift the stylus from the screen while writing- period

"Rather than tapping letters out, users drag the stylus over each letter of a word on a virtual keyboard. The software then finds the most likely word based on the letters covered"

Either way, we'll have to wait for IBM to release some more information/ or a product.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    I've been a graffiti user since 1999 through 2005. I honestly thought i was going to have to load it on my new Treo 650 - but I NEVER did. I was shocked that I liked the keyboard better! And it's faster! And it saves the wear and tear on my screen! I hardly take out the stylus anymore! The integration of the 5-way with the GUI/pda/phone is awesome! Almost everything can be done with one hand! They really thought this thing through.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Don't miss it at all. I can even send quick responses to instant messages with one thumb. Much quicker and easier.
    I've using a Palm and Grafitti since my IIIxe. I know Grafitti stroke better than I know the strokes for normal printed text, it sometimes feels like.

Anyway, though I am getting used to the keyboard, I find the T650's CPU is so much faster than my old devices', I can REALLY bang out the text with my Stylus.

I've been using TealScript and it works just great. You can either just start using the stylus on the screen to use grafitti, though it slows down other screen taps, or you can hold down the center button and start moving the stylus, which works well and is very intuitive after about two minutes.

No, it isn't free, but it works great.

-Warr
    uh lemme think, uh no . ;-D
    I've prided myself at how adept I was at Grafitti - people who used to play around with their Palms would be so jealous.

I was all set to load Grafitti Anywhere on my 650. Started using the keyboard and never got around to it. Don't miss it at all.
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12