Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. EWT
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eekinsman
    My 600 died a few weeks ago and sprint gave me a 650! They said they could'nt find any 600s. I've been on a roll with sprint since i got my original 300 in October of '03 for free after rebates. My 600 was free as a replacement for the 300, my 650 was free as a swap for the 600.

eek
    My 600 got flaky about a month ago, and the verizon tech told me I'd be getting a 650 as a replacement. Unfortunately, a 600 was waiting for me when I opened the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by steintr
    But since you said yours after failed 18 months --- did you have an extended service plan, or is there really a chance they'll replace an out-of-warantee failing Treo?
    I've got the $5/month "insurance" that includes free replacement of defective units.
    This is the end of an era. The Treo 600 was the first smart phone that got it right. I look at the evolution from the Visor phone to the Treo 600 and i'm still amazed.

I really like my Treo 650 and it's fantastic screen, but the Treo 600 was rock solid, way fewer reset, and did everything my Treo 650 does (Except Edge...)

Jesus Christ it's phone... i didn't greif this much when my cat died... i think i have a problem...

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Jesus Christ it's phone... i didn't greif this much when my cat died... i think i have a problem...

Timmay
    Thanks for a good laugh... unless your cat had litter box issues, I'll bet the cat never gave you as much trouble either!
    Does Lockline replace with a new phone or a refurbished one? Just wondering since I have Lockline on my 600. Now that it's discontinued, I was just wondering what Lockline will replace mine with when eventually wears out. I'm hoping a 650 but at the sametime I'm doubting my 600 will die anytime soon. This thing has been rock solid for about 15 months now.

I can't believe my 600 has been discontinued. I feel so yesterday despite my phone still being better than 95% on the market.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Does Lockline replace with a new phone or a refurbished one? Just wondering since I have Lockline on my 600. Now that it's discontinued, I was just wondering what Lockline will replace mine with when eventually wears out. I'm hoping a 650 but at the sametime I'm doubting my 600 will die anytime soon. This thing has been rock solid for about 15 months now.

I can't believe my 600 has been discontinued. I feel so yesterday despite my phone still being better than 95% on the market.
    There's another thread about this very topic:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=lockline

Right now it seems most people are still getting refurb or replacement 600s' while some Verizon users have gotten replacment 650's. Thus it seems they still have a certain number of 600's in inventory for warranty...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12