Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by parkinni

Just now, I finished charging the unit and activated the service. The Treo looks amazingly good in the flesh, and I can't wait to start using it now!!!

My first step will be to HotSync my old Treo 270 to determine what programs I want to put on the 650. From what I've read on this forum, I should create a new user name for the 650, and install my programs on the 650 anew, rather than HotSync the 270 settings over to the 650 - right? I'll be fine with this, but what about transferring my memos and calendar: should I start from scratch there too?
    You will absolutely love the 650. If you need any additional help feel free to post back on this board and everyone will help out. It's good to see that you've done your homework regarding installing all your programs anew onto the 650 (rather than just syncing everything over). That is exactly the way to go and you will avoid a lot of future problems. You do not need to start from scratch with your memos, calendar, or contacts. You should be able to just save a copy (or export a copy) of these from your palm desktop, and then just import them back into the new treo 650 desktop software (which will then sync them onto your 650).

One last thing, Make an extra copy of all the databases (calendar, contacts, memos) that you cannot afford to lose. Just stash a copy of these files somewhere and leave them alone. That way, if anything goes wrong you always have these files to fall back on. I'm sure you won't have any problems, I say this only because sometimes with all the importing/exporting, human error enters into the picture. If you have a backup of these files you really can't go wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by parkinni
    My first step will be to HotSync my old Treo 270 to determine what programs I want to put on the 650. From what I've read on this forum, I should create a new user name for the 650, and install my programs on the 650 anew, rather than HotSync the 270 settings over to the 650 - right? I'll be fine with this, but what about transferring my memos and calendar: should I start from scratch there too?
    You may want to review the Upgrade Guide.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12