Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    First Post

http://media.putfile.com/0804051316

My theory is that what you are seeing in the video is just a gif being played on some program, it is easily done.. i dont beleive that microsoft is interested in the palm brand... well not at the moment anyway...

what do you guys think?

theo
    We could probably merge this thread. But I agree. I even asked in another thread why you can't see any buttons being pushed, or at least a stylus tapping the screen. It zooms in as soon as all the activity begins, so you don't see the keyboard or buttons being pushed.

Whether a cut and paste animation, or a demo unit though, I don't know. But I doubt it is an actual functioning WM phone.
    Last edited by Insertion; 08/31/2005 at 10:58 AM. Reason: I dun speel toe guud
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    about the merging of threads...i could understand if this was still in the general treo topic...but since we now have a future treo specualtion section...i say keep all the threads seperate.

oh yea...and WM treo is fake...long live cobalt.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    1. WM Treo is coming. It's the merger of the best handset hardware and the best mobile OS (WM5). Palm will sell them by the truckload.

2. The video might be fake, or it might not. Even if it's real, it's an engineering prototype which may or may not look like the final product.
    I'm afraid Iceman6 is right.

What was the last "cool" Palm OS PDA released (can't count the Treo 650 - it's just what the Treo 600 should have been)?

Why, almost 2 years later, do we still have NO COBALT device?

How do you effectively use EVDO without REAL multitasking?

What MS smartphone would hold a candle to a WM5 based Treo?

With WM5's push email for MS Exchange, what better way to break the RIM stranglehold on enterprise email?

I rest my case.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I'm afraid Iceman6 is right.

What was the last "cool" Palm OS PDA released (can't count the Treo 650 - it's just what the Treo 600 should have been)?

Why, almost 2 years later, do we still have NO COBALT device?

How do you effectively use EVDO without REAL multitasking?

With WM5's push email for MS Exchange, what better way to break the RIM stranglehold on enterprise email?

I rest my case.
    It was the IIIc!

I don't doubt there may be a WM Treo in the future, in fact having used (and still using) CE\PPC\WM devices ever since the Nino 312 days, I would welcome one. However, as to the video in question, I don't think any one posting in a forum actually has this phone and is making calls on it. Could be wrong, but that's my opinion.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by cruelpupet
    ...long live cobalt.
    Cobalt died before it was actually ever born.

How can something "live" when there's no current market for it?

You will see a WM 2005 Treo before you see a Cobalt Treo, if a Cobalt Treo ever comes about.
    I'm back!
    The river in Egypt...
    Milhouse: Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl Bart? Why did I have the bowl?

If its an animated gif or video on a Treo, where's the white frame?

Surur
    Last edited by surur; 08/31/2005 at 03:59 PM.
    Its real. Please dont say it isnt. Its in development. The question NO ONE can answer is when. When folks start getting a when, things will only get quieter.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    On my treo, there is a single pixel white border around the whole screen. Such a border doesn't exist on the videos.

It could be a fake, but it would be a heck of an effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    1. WM Treo is coming. It's the merger of the best handset hardware and the best mobile OS (WM5).
    Not great that the WM5 Treo is likely to come with a 240x240 screen though. Apparently WM5 doesn't support 320x320.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    It was the IIIc!

I don't doubt there may be a WM Treo in the future, in fact having used (and still using) CE\PPC\WM devices ever since the Nino 312 days, I would welcome one. However, as to the video in question, I don't think any one posting in a forum actually has this phone and is making calls on it. Could be wrong, but that's my opinion.
    Insertion - I admire your opinions (at least most of them) but that latest avatar has got to go - man - see what it's doing to my head -->
    Bit confused by this - A WM5 Treo would be an MS smartphone (presuming you mean 'smartphone' not 'Smartphone'). Anyway, how about this:

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000537052114/

or this:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/08..._a701_exposed/

Not saying they're better, but distinct candle-holding potential in my view.
    Gotta leave Insertion's avatar -- it's Rage!!

WM is coming. It's a good business decision for Palm - It will appeal to the masses -- like me -- and the not so super user. Bring it on.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Insertion - I admire your opinions (at least most of them) but that latest avatar has got to go - man - see what it's doing to my head -->
    I think it's one of my better "Munked" avatars. Rest assured no animals were harmed during my latest Photoshop experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by marcol
    Bit confused by this - A WM5 Treo would be an MS smartphone (presuming you mean 'smartphone' not 'Smartphone'). Anyway, how about this:

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000537052114/

or this:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/08..._a701_exposed/

Not saying they're better, but distinct candle-holding potential in my view.
    Now I'm the uber confused one - what do you mean by "smartphone" not "Smartphone." Anyway, the HTC Wizard does look interesting, but so many hot HTC designs never see the light of day - PLUS - the Treo 650's D-Pad is it's real secret weapon - it makes one handed use a breeze - something I've never seen from any other smartphone or PDA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I think it's one of my better "Munked" avatars. Rest assured no animals were harmed during my latest Photoshop experiment.
    I must be the oldest geek on this board, and that image from 1963 was kind of seered in the old brain cells at an early age and it, along with the street photo of the "gunshot to the head" execution of a Vietcong prisoner jump started the whole anti-war movement. Sorry for being over sensitive, but sometimes things take on a special meaning all their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM
    Its real. Please dont say it isnt. Its in development.
    All we have are a few pics and a video which is fakable.

It also doesnt make sense for them to switch to WM. Their experience is with PalmOS and there is also the rumor of Palm reacquiring Palm Source.
    http://brighthand.com/article/Is_Pal...Buy_PalmSource
    UdaTreo and Cruelpupet, if it is so easy to fake the video and you claim you can do it then please do so and then maybe I will believe you. I guess this is the prove it to us challenge...are you up to backing up your claims?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast