Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    good grief, get over yourselves. it's not the end of the world! it's just a great marketing strategy: appeal to the ppc users who want a smaller device but still can use Windows Mobile. It's coming. two versions. one ppc and one palmos. enough said!
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    UdaTreo and Cruelpupet, if it is so easy to fake the video and you claim you can do it then please do so and then maybe I will believe you. I guess this is the prove it to us challenge...are you up to backing up your claims?

I never said it was easy...just that its possible and thats what i thinkn has happened. I dont have the time nor the resources to do it (resources being a pocket pc to get screenshots from, etc...)
    Everything can be falsified. Taken to an extreme, you could be a brain floating in a vat, and EVERYTHING you experience could be made up. Little less extreme, the whole Treo 670 story could be a production of MS, which means with their funds almost anything could be possible, right up to the production of a working mock-up.

If we disregard that, things start getting much less easier to dismiss. faking this video takes quite a bit of resources. You would need:
    1) a square screen PPC running WM5. Currently there are none available, except to a selected few people using the HP 6715.
    2) The skill and expertise to build a Treo 670 shell which would look convincing under high res pictures.
    3) You would need the cooperation of a number of people, including quite a few with reputations to lose, i.e. a conspiracy.

None of these things are impossible for some-one with a lot of resources, and if you are a little paranoid this may be your prefered explanation. Being a little less paranoid I find the evidence as presented relatively convincing.

Surur
    ...I don't want a Windows Treo. I don't need a Windows Treo. I'll beat up anyone who has a Windows Treo.
    Having said all that, a Windows Treo is coming. You know it. I know it. I haven't even watched the video in question, because it doesn't matter. Fake or not, the device IS coming.
    Oh, and for the people at the beginning of the thread who claimed WM5 was the best OS out there? What's is like living with the mark of the beast on your soul?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Oh, and for the people at the beginning of the thread who claimed WM5 was the best OS out there? What's is like living with the mark of the beast on your soul?
    We feel strongly about this...don't we?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    What's is like living with the mark of the beast on your soul?
    A little dramatic are we?
    I'm back!
    I'm sure it's a fake. Palm is moving everything to LInux. But the interface won't be much different. I just hope that they make the installation of new programs as easy as it currently is, because doing this in Linux is too much work as far as I'm concerned.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    I'm sure it's a fake. Palm is moving everything to LInux.
    Ummm really? Hadnt heard that.....
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    I'm sure it's a fake. Palm is moving everything to LInux.
    It's settled then. It's a fake. Everyone can stop talking about it now.
    I'm back!
    I'm glad someone finally put somne closer to this. thanks.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Me too! I can finally get on with life!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Why is it so hard for everyone to believe that Palm has development units running different OS's and hardware configurations for feasibility studies?

Do you really think they run their business with blinders on and only look one way?

They may have linux units running right now. Does that mean they're going to mass produce linux Treo 720's? Probably not, but maybe one day down the road.

The effort and skill it would take to fake this video is far more unbelievable to me then a future looking company has a couple test units out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Me too! I can finally get on with life!
    Good. Now you can stop worrying about your WM 2005 Treo 750 and get back to munking everyone's avatar.

It'll be a nice change.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar
    Why is it so hard for everyone to believe that Palm has development units running different OS's and hardware configurations for feasibility studies?

Do you really think they run their business with blinders on and only look one way?

They may have linux units running right now. Does that mean they're going to mass produce linux Treo 720's? Probably not, but maybe one day down the road.

The effort and skill it would take to fake this video is far more unbelievable to me then a future looking company has a couple test units out there.
    Well, you have those fanboys who just can't imagine why Palm would want to move away from an outdated OS that has no real multitasking and limited error handling abilities to something (even if it's Cobalt, which probably won't happen) that might be a little more advanced and make your device quite a bit more usable.

Remember, MS is the enemy around here.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Good. Now you can stop worrying about your WM 2005 Treo 750 and get back to munking everyone's avatar.

It'll be a nice change.
    The Burning Munkee ain't doing it for you?

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    The Burning Munkee ain't doing it for you?
    At first I had a hard time figuring out what was going on in the pic, since it's in B&W, but I've still had a hard time figuring out why you chose that pic.

It doesn't seem like you.

Plus, the thought of the Munkee burning is a little creepy.

I personally preferred the Jewel Munkee.
    I'm back!
    At first I had a hard time figuring out what was going on in the pic, since it's in B&W, but I've still had a hard time figuring out why you chose that pic.

It doesn't seem like you.

Plus, the thought of the Munkee burning is a little creepy.

I personally preferred the Jewel Munkee.
    What's going on:
    http://www.uwec.edu/greider/BMRB/cul...t.work/hicksr/

Why? Who knows why teh Munk does what he does...

What's going on:
    http://www.uwec.edu/greider/BMRB/cul...t.work/hicksr/

Why? Who knows why teh Munk does what he does...
    Wow.

Now I'm just afraid to try to get inside teh Munk's head.
    I'm back!
    Wow.

Now I'm just afraid to try to get inside teh Munk's head.
    Just for you, femboy...

Just for you, femboy...
    Yeah, I just saw this in the other thread, this is far creepier......

Please go back to your Flaming Munkee.

Quickly.
    I'm back!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast