1.    #1  
    Does anyone have stats on when the unlocked GSM versions of the 600 and 650 came out?

I'm trying to guage when I may see an unlocked 670, 700 or whatever number they give it.

Basically am I foolish to spend my $700 now if the unlocked GSMs come out prior to end of year. I say yes.

If I have to wait until June next year I don't think I'm missing out, so who knows when the past unlocked versions have come out?
    Quote Originally Posted by junk13
    Does anyone have stats on when the unlocked GSM versions of the 600 and 650 came out?

I'm trying to guage when I may see an unlocked 670, 700 or whatever number they give it.

Basically am I foolish to spend my $700 now if the unlocked GSMs come out prior to end of year. I say yes.

If I have to wait until June next year I don't think I'm missing out, so who knows when the past unlocked versions have come out?
    There was a delay of months between the shipment of Sprint Treos and GSM unlocked and almost a year between the first rumors and availability of GSM/unlocked. At the moment, we do not even have rumors.

It is not clear whether the rumors are deliberate Palm policy or simply the result of poor security. However, the absence of rumors suggests that you are not likely to see a GSM unlocked new device any time soon.
    Think next Spring for availiablity as Sprint has normally had the first release in late fall.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by junk13
    You're basically foolish to ever buy an unlocked GSM phone when you can pay a number of people a few dollars to provide you an unlock code.
    Quote Originally Posted by gyrfalcon
    You're basically foolish to ever buy an unlocked GSM phone when you can pay a number of people a few dollars to provide you an unlock code.
    Any rule abput that ? Obviously it's your phone, but Since it was branded by a certain company, can someone sell you the unlock code legaly?
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model
    Any rule abput that ? Obviously it's your phone, but Since it was branded by a certain company, can someone sell you the unlock code legaly?
    That's their problem, not yours right?