1.    #1  
    I have a question. I have ordered my Treo 650, and it is due to arrive on Monday or Tuesday. I currently have a Palm V, used mostly for the address book and calendar. When I install the Palm Desktop software that comes with the Sprint Treo 650, will I need to change my current format for entering phone numbers so that the Treo will read them and dial them correctly? My current format is xxx xxx-xxxx. I'm worried about that space between the area code and the number--will I need to go thru my 1,000 or so entries and replace the space with a dash? I hope not.

TIA
    No, if you already use the palm software it should incorporate it into the new updated palm desktop. so your numbers will safely change with the xxx-xxx-xxxx with not altering on your end. enjoy your new 650
    Quote Originally Posted by brwilli
    I have a question. I have ordered my Treo 650, and it is due to arrive on Monday or Tuesday. I currently have a Palm V, used mostly for the address book and calendar. When I install the Palm Desktop software that comes with the Sprint Treo 650, will I need to change my current format for entering phone numbers so that the Treo will read them and dial them correctly? My current format is xxx xxx-xxxx. I'm worried about that space between the area code and the number--will I need to go thru my 1,000 or so entries and replace the space with a dash? I hope not.

TIA

DO NOT DIRECTLY SYNC
    your new Treo 650 to your Palm V user ID. Create a fresh install using the Palm upgrade instructions. (Old device settings specific to your Palm V in your user id backup folder will create havoc with the Treo.) There are several methods to migrate your PIM info to the Treo. . . . search for "clean install" or use the Palm website instructions. . .

Cheers, Perry.

one of the threads. . .
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=92094
    Last edited by gtwo; 08/29/2005 at 01:00 PM.