1.    #1  
    I though I got this from here, but searching for diamond cluster didnt bring any results.

Has anyone else listened to this 40 minute podcast?

http://podcast.diamondcluster.com/dtpiw.html

very interesting. cover the give and take between cell phone makers and carriers.

it also talks about our old friend the spring board.

they had an idea to include it on the first treo, but dropped it becasue of form factor.

the spring board was a boon (it made handspring devices different) for handspring, but only so-so for developers.

it helped them get a grasp of the cummunication side of things, which they were already thinking about b4 the first visor hit the streets.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Ahhh... a blast from the past...the good ol'visor days! What I find funny is that while she mentioned that adding the springboard to the Treo was initally considered than dropped b/c of form factor considerations, she completely avoids the point that the first gen Treos had NO expansion at all? I mean, how did they go from, "hey, how about maybe integrating the springboard?" to "eh who need silly expansion?" It took them 3 gen to finally add a SD slot...

Anyway, overall interesting listen...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Ahhh... a blast from the past...the good ol'visor days! What I find funny is that while she mentioned that adding the springboard to the Treo was initally considered than dropped b/c of form factor considerations, she completely avoids the point that the first gen Treos had NO expansion at all? I mean, how did they go from, "hey, how about maybe integrating the springboard?" to "eh who need silly expansion?" It took them 3 gen to finally add a SD slot...
    ummm... the Treo 90 had an expansion slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    ummm... the Treo 90 had an expansion slot.

Eh... I don't really count that one as a real Treo! Even so, the 90 ws gen 2.5 or so! Also, they didn't release the drivers for it initially...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions