1.    #1  
    I apologize for the newbie question. I searched the forum and didn't see anything regarding this nor did I see anything in the manual.

I lost a shortcut and unfortunately, I don't know what I did to lose it so I don't know what to do to get it back. From the main phone screen I used to be able to press the center 5 way button and I'd see a simple menu. It would show the last 10 or so numbers I'd dailed and a shortcut to the call log. Now when I press that center button nothing happens.

Anybody know what shortcut I'm talking about and what I might to do get it back? TIA for any replies.
    Since I'm not real sure what you are looking for, here are a couple of options.

Mine works with the spacebar. Try hitting that from the main phone screen. Now if your talking about the speed dial list, try the down arrow on the D-pad.
    It may just need to be popped up.

Also may want to from the menu bar check Options>General Preferences
    and make sure the box is checked for Show Favorites Button. Also include the number of rows to view.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by trodecke
    From the main phone screen I used to be able to press the center 5 way button and I'd see a simple menu. It would show the last 10 or so numbers I'd dailed and a shortcut to the call log. Now when I press that center button nothing happens.

Anybody know what shortcut I'm talking about and what I might to do get it back? TIA for any replies.
    To show the last 10 or so numbers that you dialed just hit the green phone button and they will come up as a drop down menu. You can scroll from there to dial one of them by highlighting it and hit the green phone button again.

As for the call log, do as TheLiveSoundGuy says to get it back on the main screen. To use it though, don't press the center button on the five way until you highlight it.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG
    To show the last 10 or so numbers that you dialed just hit the green phone button and they will come up as a drop down menu.
    Thanks guys. This is exactly what I was looking for but when I try it all that happens is the phone beeps (standard phone beep) and nothing comes up on the screen.

Thanks for the info on the favorites LiveSoundGuy. I have the favorites list set to not display right now so I can see more of my wallpaper (family picture ).
  5.    #5  
    -Bump-

Any thoughts short of a hard reset and re-install?
    I had the same problem after having tried Takephone which "took over" that function. ShSh Software has a simple solution called BT Fix which gives back the built-in application assigned to the phone button.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by trodecke
    -Bump-

Any thoughts short of a hard reset and re-install?
    It sounds like you have another program that hijacked the phone button. Look in the prefs for your apps and make sure that none use the hard phone button for anything.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
  8.    #8  
    Thanks! I'll check out each of these ideas.