Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    How does an antenna that says it has a 5 or 6 dBi gain convert to the RSSI value.

There are some place I have the RSSI at around 95-100 and can not make calls. How much would an antenna reduce this number? Thanks

Also I have a treo 600.
    check shadowmite's website (shadowmite.com). There's a guy there thats doing advanced antenna work for Treos.
    I have an external antenna from Wilson Electronics that has an adaptor that plugs into the back of the 650. I get double the bars when it is plugged in and I am using the 12 inch tall mag mount on top of the car. It is great and dramatically improves the call quality and success of the phone. One of my neighbors uses one for his house that has poor reception, he ran the wire out the window and stuck the magnet on the rain gutter. It made the difference for him from not being able to use it to getting all his calls.

Link:

http://www.cellularoutlet.com/

Is where I got mine, they were good to work with.
    Unlocked -1.51---117-CNG
    Handspring Deluxe w/phone->Treo 180->Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by mendo
    I have an external antenna from Wilson Electronics that has an adaptor that plugs into the back of the 650. I get double the bars when it is plugged in and I am using the 12 inch tall mag mount on top of the car. It is great and dramatically improves the call quality and success of the phone. One of my neighbors uses one for his house that has poor reception, he ran the wire out the window and stuck the magnet on the rain gutter. It made the difference for him from not being able to use it to getting all his calls.

Link:

http://www.cellularoutlet.com/

Is where I got mine, they were good to work with.
    I looked on the link you provided and it does not mention the 650 as being capatible.. (unless it is the same as the 600) Thanks
    I have a 650 and bought an antenna from wilson (RV-truckers model). It doubled my bars at my house where the naked phone always dropped calls, now no dropped calls.