1.    #1  
    After going checking out my friends 650, I now want it. But dont know what the best way for me to purschase it without loosing too much money.

First, I have been in a contract with Verizon for 6months on my 600. I have insurance. Now, should I tell Verizon that I want to re-new my contract so I only have to pay $399. The I could just sell my 600 on ebay for probably $300 and loose about $100.

Or should I report as the phone got lost and if possible get the 650 for $50 since it hasnt been a year yet. But would i have problems trying to sell the 600, since the ESN will likely be reported??

Any advice or suggestions??

Thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallardo
    After going checking out my friends 650, I now want it. But dont know what the best way for me to purschase it without loosing too much money.

First, I have been in a contract with Verizon for 6months on my 600. I have insurance. Now, should I tell Verizon that I want to re-new my contract so I only have to pay $399. The I could just sell my 600 on ebay for probably $300 and loose about $100.

Or should I report as the phone got lost and if possible get the 650 for $50 since it hasnt been a year yet. But would i have problems trying to sell the 600, since the ESN will likely be reported??

Any advice or suggestions??

Thanx
    I hope you're not serious about commiting fraud.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    If you say you lost the phone, it could not be activated by someone else, you can't sell it at that point. Also you may very well get a refurbed treo 600 to replace your "lost" phone.
    20 years for fraud buddy. Sorry, you wont get $300.00 for your Treo 600, $200.00 maybe. Suck it up and fork over the money.
    The fraud idea is not the way to go. If you have had Verizon for 6 months, then hopefully you like their service. Renew the contract (if they will let you) and get the 650 for $299. Sell the 600 on ebay (I agree with Sandra...you might get $200 if the phone is in good condition) and be happy that you upgraded without paying whatever the full price is now ($499 or 599).

Or, just wait a couple more months and see what comes down the pipe.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Check out the thread in the 650 forum for real estate agents - it seems to be a great deal --OF course u need to be a real estate agent ....
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.