Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After reading frequent entertaining posts of damages done to the treo in the last few years, I decided to put together a list and "call out" members that through some unknown force or gravity caused minor to fatal injuries to their Treo.

So here they are (in no particular order)!

Dropped & Broke
    dwphillips, robsatx, voorson

Dropped in Water (or Other Liquid)
    slydog43, richinmj, handydjs.com, Colin Guinn, edeese, zorro869, bigboy650, gilgamesh, macjeff, NRG

Cracked the Screen
    Sarasotasun, cookie monster, grndslm, Sodiumlake, ARFunk, Latinking DJ, Skydiver, treolawyer, joatman, F1Turbo, makrotonik, robsatx, elbombillo2, KRamsauer, ButtUglyJeff

Honorable Mentions
    chris86vw - dropped & buttons got screwed up
    maztreocenterl - dog ate antenna
    jtklepp - unknown cracked screen (thinks cabin pressure in plane did it)
    joatman - dropped treo more then he can count
    Ree Nigne & jejagua - broke earpiece adapter in jack
    SuperManFan - dropped stylus & broke off tip on first day of use
    Judge Schmells - pushed too hard & broke sync cable
    JHromadka - dropped treo in 6' of snow
    tech12 - bought a treo for the built-in GPS
    logicpaw - dropped treo countless times
    jeremy_graff - unexplainable crack on screen
    Codename - dropped treo in wet tar

If I missed anyone, please feel free to come forward & state/admit you're a KLUTZ! =)
    Last edited by dlstang; 08/25/2005 at 10:31 AM.
    - Treo often imitated; never duplicated!
    Man! That's $15,750.00 @ an avg. of $450.00 a pop!

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

You must have been bored, but that was quite entertaining. . .
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Does running over my prior Palm 515 with a car tire after it got bumped off a wobbly belt clasp count?
    After reading Dlstang`s thread on " The Klutz of TreoCentral " I thought I would share my moment in glory as well. I just had my driveway`s black top tarred for the winter.. About 1 hour after the job was done, I decied to go for a drive, I had to take about 5 steps on the black top to cross the drive way to get where I parked my car. Within these five steps, I bumped my treo off its belt clip, bubut not in the way your probley thinking. The leather case that holds my treo flapped open and the treo its self fell off. Please take in mind i was doing a bit a hop to get across the drive way quickly. Well.. The damage was done.
    On the backside of the treo was a buckrub of tar like no other along with some deep scrapes, along with some nice scrapes and bruises to the front and antenna, Luckily, the screen was not hurt.

Im sure this question has been asked plenty of times, but is there a way to get new externals for the treo?
    Does it work? Keep it. You've just winterized your Treo. This will help keep those pesky road salts from eating the undercarriage of your phone. A dealership would charge you a pretty penny for this.

And...you now have permanent eGrips!! w00t!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Little Zippo lighter fluid will take care of the tar.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Well there was the time I dropped it 6' into the snow while taking photos for an article.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    Well there was the time I dropped it 6' into the snow while taking photos for an article.
    So that's where the HoFo's other mitten is!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    You can add me to the drop and cracked screen list. Mine flew out of a golf cart while searching for a buddy's horribly hit drive.
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    You can add me to the water list 4 times. 2 treo 300, 1 600, 1 650. Oh and mark it up in the cracked screen department as well.
    This thread is funny. I'm sure there are plenty of names that wont own up to it though.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    haha i made the list - if you had a broken antennae category i would have taken two honors home! funny thing is i just got my replacement a few days ago and i miss my beat up treo already
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    You can add me to the water list 4 times. 2 treo 300, 1 600, 1 650. Oh and mark it up in the cracked screen department as well.
    Dude, you need a Treo Condom or something with all the water exposure you have.
    Please note that if you're listening to my advice, you should have your head examined. Doing as I say could lead to mental illness, injury, or even death.
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by San Antone RR
    Dude, you need a Treo Condom or something with all the water exposure you have.
    Yep, an otterbox might be what I need, if it wasn't so damn cumbersome. I guess this a product of spending most of my free time on the water, be it jet skiing or boating or I just suck at keeping Treos dry.
    My Treo became the victim of Shamu at Sea World. "You'll get wet," they say. Yeah, right....whatever. I figure if the Treo is in my pocket and if I turn around when the Shamu Wave comes by, I'll be fine, right? Wrong. I couldn't have been more wet if I had fallen into the Pacific Ocean! The Treo had no chance in my pocket.

Dang Shamu...
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    My Treo became the victim of Shamu at Sea World. "You'll get wet," they say. Yeah, right....whatever. I figure if the Treo is in my pocket and if I turn around when the Shamu Wave comes by, I'll be fine, right? Wrong. I couldn't have been more wet if I had fallen into the Pacific Ocean! The Treo had no chance in my pocket.

Dang Shamu...
    How many damn Shamu(s) are there for cripes sake.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Hey, NRG! I added your name to the list! lol

Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    You can add me to the drop and cracked screen list. Mine flew out of a golf cart while searching for a buddy's horribly hit drive.
    And you too KRam...!!!
    - Treo often imitated; never duplicated!
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dlstang
    Hey, NRG! I added your name to the list! lol
    Thanks, err, yeah. Add me to the cracked screen area as well, please.
    This is just to funny For the first time, I dropped my Treo 650 & made a small dent so I now call it, a battle scar....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast