1.    #1  
    after typing a while, my left thumb gets pretty sore from being bent to type.i have big hands and long finders. anyone else?
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    You must be left handed? My right thumb gets sore trying to reach across to the option key ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

After awhile the pain just numbs...give it time.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    After awhile the pain just numbs...give it time.
    lol. im right handed, i just find it easy to hold the treo in my left hand and type etc all with my left hand. but my fingers are very long and i have to keep my thumb bent all the way to type on the keys. maybe im just a wierdo...
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    I thought everyone typed with both hands.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Treos (well any thumboard device) are an ergomic nightmare. Likely to help cause tendonitis or carpal tunnel syndrome, it's worse than using your desktop PC keyboard or mouse. Check out this excerpt form a corporate email to it's Treo users:

Preliminary studies suggest that the buttons are appropriately sized for 5 year olds. Inputting numbers and text using the thumbs can produce or aggravate conditions like tendonitis and arthritis. Extensor thumb tendonitis, which is pain and/or swelling at the base of the thumb, has been linked to the dependence on the thumb when using portable devices. Small, fine movements tend to aggravate more than larger movement—this coupled with the smaller buttons can lead to injury as smaller buttons are harder to activate. People are likely to press harder on the smaller keys than on a larger keyboard. With email or text message writing, the user tends to hold the shoulders and upper arms tense. This reduces circulation to the forearm, when it needs a greater than normal blood flow to achieve the fine movements of the thumb and fingers. The best way to reducethese effects is to avoid thumb typing. If using the unit for longer periods of keying, take frequent breaks and if possible, use pillows in your lap to support and position your arms, wrist, and hands.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Great!
    I try to cut down on carrying two devices so i purchase a Treo.
    Only to find out now i have to carry a pillow around with me too.
    Is there no end to the madness???
    I thought the Treo was an "on the fly" device for a quick check/reply to email or basic PDA functions. Are you guys typing novels or what?
    Seriously, the Treo is not meant for significant typing assignments. Keyboards are available for this.
    This reminds me of that commercial for the Nokia 6800 where the kid is running down the street holding his thumbs up. He makes it into a Chinese restaurant where he plunges his thumbs into the aquarium and gets a sigh of relief as smoke comes up out of the water. It then shows him typing on the Nokia thumb board in fast motion.
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
    i must say, my thumbs do hurt after a long day of IMing on Veric0aht
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    after typing a while, my left thumb gets pretty sore from being bent to type.i have big hands and long finders. anyone else?
    I remember reading about corporate risk assessment managers doing in-services on BB thumb for PDA email hounds. I guess to cut down on Workman's comp related carpal-tunnel surgeries

Quote Originally Posted by gregl
    I thought the Treo was an "on the fly" device for a quick check/reply to email or basic PDA functions. Are you guys typing novels or what?
    I am, and the best stuff always comes to me when I am away from the home PC. I pull over for 20 minutes sometimes to type it up
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    I thought everyone typed with both hands.
    I do, at red lights