1.    #1  
    Well,
    If we are going to get a new treo we should be seeing something about a new ROADSHOW Right??

I hope someone would start talking about a new Roadshow like we had with the 650 even though it took about 6 week before they even shipped my treo I was still happy with receiving it before all my friends did
    Mark
    i don't remember a roadshow type thing for the 600... however i do remember seeing one being shown off by a handspring (that's right, handspring) guru at a show, but it wasn't specifically about the treo. i dont see why they would do another roadshow... they don't do a tungsten or lifedrive roadshow per se... i think they might do one for the generation after this upcoming one...
    obviously they will be doing some sort of promotion... so you never know. i think it would be cool if they tried something new yet again... but who knows what that may be
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    i don't remember a roadshow type thing for the 600... however i do remember seeing one being shown off by a handspring (that's right, handspring) guru at a show, but it wasn't specifically about the treo. i dont see why they would do another roadshow... they don't do a tungsten or lifedrive roadshow per se... i think they might do one for the generation after this upcoming one...
    obviously they will be doing some sort of promotion... so you never know. i think it would be cool if they tried something new yet again... but who knows what that may be
    keep in mind the point that you made...it was handspring, not palm that released the 600. The roadshow was a palmone(palm) thing. Also the roadshows were not until november and were not announced at this point last year. Also, the treo is a totally different type of enterprise solution than the LD, tungsten...marketed towards businesses in a position to purchase bulk amounts.

my 2 cents anyhow...

that being said, no telling if or when there will be one this year.
    I wouldn't go through the road show non sense again personally. First of all, I had to give my cc info in a completed non-secure webpage with some scam looking url. Secondly, I could never get hold of any of these Vienna Channel guys. I mean they all seem very polite over the emails but why would PalmOne^H^H^H outsource their pet show promotion? The first phone I received had terrible voice problem and I had to beg for a replacement.

And the worst is the long wait. It's not worth it.
    Last edited by whatever7; 08/21/2005 at 09:23 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum

Handspring had something had these so called secret, invite only things called 'Mission Impossible' shows for the Treo 600. They were sort of like the pro-Roadshow events that Handspring used to unveil the Treo 600 which at the time was a huge jump in evolution over the Treo300/270. I can recall the huge excitement at TC at the time. In fact, it was basically the first time TC forums here got a huge boost of PRPRPR $and$ $when$ $things$ $really$ $began$ $to$ $grow$ $around$ $here$. $I$ $imagine$ $b$/$c$ $of$ $the$ $huge$ $sucess$ $Handspring$ $got$ $from$ $the$ $mission$ $impossible$ $shows$ $that$ $they$ $devised$ $the$ $Treo$ $roadhows$ $for$ $the$ $650$...

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/275-1.htm

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    was the roadshow that successful? Bsed on the forums (i did not attend) it did not seem so. The turn out was ok, but the results, from knowledge of the phone, and Vienna channels debocale didn't seem very posative.

Really, who was th roadshow designed for? I was under the impression Palm(one) was trying to garnish buisiness from companies and get 'orders' for large number of Treos. Again, I did not attend, so i may be off base here.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I'm sure the next roadshow / Treo rollout will be much better. Palm and HS have been together for almost two years now, and this Treo was probably has probably been in the works for over a year. Initial supply should be strong. They shouldn't have a repeat of the ViennaChannels debacle. The actual stability of the phone, however...
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Handspring had something had these so called secret, invite only things called 'Mission Impossible' shows for the Treo 600. They were sort of like the pro-Roadshow events that Handspring used to unveil the Treo 600 which at the time was a huge jump in evolution over the Treo300/270. I can recall the huge excitement at TC at the time. In fact, it was basically the first time TC forums here got a huge boost of PRPRPR $and$ $when$ $things$ $really$ $began$ $to$ $grow$ $around$ $here$. $I$ $imagine$ $b$/$c$ $of$ $the$ $huge$ $sucess$ $Handspring$ $got$ $from$ $the$ $mission$ $impossible$ $shows$ $that$ $they$ $devised$ $the$ $Treo$ $roadhows$ $for$ $the$ $650$...

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/275-1.htm
    That mission imposable thing was cool... they had it at an old bank in Boston, and had an open bar... I remember goin there with my Treo 180 and i couldn't see my keyboard it was so dark :P

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  10.    #10  
    Sweet,
    I never went to roadshow for the 600 but I was at the 650 roadshow, I think I paid 330 for one of the first treos while everone else was paying top dollar.