1.    #1  
    List sites where you can download ringers for your treo.

http://mobile.treobits.com
    Thanks I hadnt checked that out before. Treobits looks like the perfect portal for shoutcast stations. Easier to navigate than shoutcast.com
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Thanks I hadnt checked that out before. Treobits looks like the perfect portal for shoutcast stations. Easier to navigate than shoutcast.com
    Thanks, glad you like it.
    Thanks for the info on Treobits. I could spend a lot of time there playing with ringtones.
    I used to use this place for my polyphonic ringtones when i had my SE T610/616

http://www.myt610.lasyk.net/

but now that I do mp3, i just make them myself with a sound file and adobe audition 1.5
    Thanks for the link!
    -jeff
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I have adobe audition but I cant figure out how to make any ringtones any advice?
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Go Bucks!
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    www.matrixm.com. Tons of good stuff here. I have to set my phone to a MPX200 for the ringers to be delivered correctly
    Go Bucks!
    Quote Originally Posted by destevez1
    I have adobe audition but I cant figure out how to make any ringtones any advice?
    sorry it has taken me a while to reply to you

Okay this is what i usually do:

1. Open the file in audition
    2. Normalize the entire file (its from one of the pulldown menus, in the submenu i believe amplitude)
    3. Then I find the part I want to use as my ring tone....listen for it and then when you hear the beginning quickly hit pause.
    4. Record the time down to the thousandiths of a second on a piece of paper
    5. Take that number and write it in where it says BEGIN on the lower right
    6. Leave the value next to it clear
    7. You may have to push stop, but if you dont have to hit play. What will happen is that you will hear the file play from that point. If it is not right restart from 3.
    8. Now that you have your beginning piece, find your end piece. At least 30 - 40 secs is required for a ring tone (to play once). Again once you find the end time hit pause.
    9. Record the time down to the thousandiths of a second on a piece of paper
    10. Take that number and write it in where it says END on the lower right
    11. The value in begin should be your first starting point (ie the time from 3/4)
    12. You may have to push stop, but if you dont have to hit play. What will happen is that you will hear the file play from that point. If it is not right restart from 8.
    13. Once you enter that end time you will see part of the soundclip highlight. This is the selected part of the music you made with those times.
    14. Listen to your portion to make sure this is what you want
    15. NEXT: EDIT COPY (or ctrl C)
    16. Then goto FILE NEW (you may have to close the already open MP3, and make sure you save it, as you have no optimized it for the best listening quality (short of re-encoding it)
    17. A new amplitude graph will open up, of course blank
    18. EDIT PASTE (ctrl P)
    19. You should have a spectrum there of the sound you clipped and coppied from the master file
    20. FILE SAVE, done
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thank You Very much, Great help!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Perfect It was easier than i thought.
    even the instructions make it look difficult but it really isnt...im glad it all worked out