1.    #1  
    Have looked far and wide and can find no others reporting this issue so here goes...

Sprint Treo 650, FW 1.12 (custom rom from peaches actually)...

Using mp3ringer (1.3 and 1.6) and ptunes (3.07 up to 3.11)

After using blazer to go to either intellicast.com for weather (and using java loop maps), or mobile.srh.noaa.gov (for thier looped radar images) and some banking sites (although I refrain from that lately)...I notice that on the next incoming call, the treo will reset. Only happems when mp3ringer is enabled...also, if I leave a midi ringer on and mp3ringer enabled, it won't happen...when using "no sound" and mp3ringer exclusively, ka raaash

I have been able to make this happen consistenlty, even after a few Zero out resets, and installing ONLY mp3ringer and ptunes. Even setting blazer to clear cache on exit, and 0mb cache, it still happens. After trying permutations of different version #s and installing ptunes first, or mp3 ringer first....still happens....

BTW, I have seen this now on TWO treos that are otherwise stable.

Spoke with toysoft support, and they suggested Lightwav, same issue. Thought it might have been my mp3 file, changed that, same issue.

Since I found no one else seemingly complaining about the same issue (although it seems to ONLY happen on java enable sites that blazer actually can render), I thought it prudent to report my findings.

I respect this community, and look forward to the information I glean from it everyday.

Is ANYONE else using mp3ringer, and ptunes, AND willing to try those sites, or having similar issues?

Has anyone ever noticed BEFORE selecting a ringer in mp3ringer the box that shows the name and usually says "select ringtone here" showing 2 or 3 random charatcers before you enter info in that field? Thought I might have had an issue with the copy of 1.3 or 1.6 mp3ringer, but I have installed numerous times and srill see the same thing (even after Zero outs)...

Next I am going to try non custom rom, Sprint's approved FW, since I cannot go back to 1.08 (which incidentally I never had resets on, and used to use the same sites....hmmmm)

Also ##377 shows nothing but the usual, phone as the culprit, but that is not the case....useless information anyway except for the timestamp of last crash (which is also useful with Lightwav, as you can log calls, and that shows the same time as the crashes...)

Thanks
    The fact that it happens after using Blazer probably doesn't mean anything; it sounds like Java is not releasing memory properly.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    The fact that it happens after using Blazer probably doesn't mean anything; it sounds like Java is not releasing memory properly.
    Hey Mark, you really do need to post more. Your comments are always beneficial.

Cheers, Perry.
    you try locking the programs down into memory using RLock?
  5.    #5  
    Resco locker (at first try) seems to have done the trick.

Anyone else seeing similar issues with Java, as MarkEagle suggested?

With all the Java enable web content out there I cannot beleive I am the only one having this issue, however, becuase of the luxury of supporting multiple Treo's, that is the only reason I came across this.

Tried Xiino, but found it would not render certain graphics like Blazer did.

Anyone have any idea on when Blazer willbe upgraded, or will we be waiting til the 670?

Thanks aristarchus!
    I am using Mp3 Ringer and Ptunes and have had several resets on incoming calls.

I just locked Ptunes using Rlock will see if it helps.

Great job nailing down a possible cause.

Do you have Handmark Express installed by chance?
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Bump
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Kind of a bump and another reset report.

I've had my Treo for less than a week and love it. It's clean (no apps added and probably won't considering all the other issues folks report), running the 1.12 updated ROM for Sprint. Nothing has caused a reset, except (you knew it was coming):

I have a Games Essentials card (bought from Palm about a year ago). Most of the games work fine. But trying to launch the Chroma game does a soft reset every single time. Nothing else has caused a reset so far.

Chroma works fine in my Tungsten, so it's not a problem with the card. And it's kind of a non-issue (don't really need Chroma) but find it interesting to see what causes the problems.

Brent