1.    #1  
    Is it possible to load third party software on two treo's that share the same pc? Also would like to know if our calanders can share information i.e. events appointments
    Welcome to the Treo Central Community!

I am on the run, so this will be the brief version.

You need two distinct userids for your two Treos on the same PC.
    Then you can direct HotSync manager to load software to the specific Treo. You will need to to do it once for each. I will leave the payment issues, up to you.

Two Palm devices cannot share the same "desktop" as far as the PIM functions. (Contacts, Appointments, Memos, Tasks) Each user is given their own "desktop". You can share PIM events by beaming them to each other. There is not a way to "share" the same desktop.

EDIT: But you can copy events to another id as listed in post #5 below .. . . .. (Thanks, Chckhbrt)

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 08/13/2005 at 07:19 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for info...just to make sure I understand if I got a copy of Agendus I would need to purchase two distinct copies for both Treo's right.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo_naut21
    Thanks for info...just to make sure I understand if I got a copy of Agendus I would need to purchase two distinct copies for both Treo's right.
    I would check with Agendus. Some require a 2nd purchase, some don't. Some send software that is keyed to your specific userid. . . . . .

Cheers, Perry.

There may be more on Agendus in the Software forum. . . . I use the Palm calendar. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by treo_naut21
    Is it possible to load third party software on two treo's that share the same pc? Also would like to know if our calanders can share information i.e. events appointments
    Hey...

There is a way to share calender events and appointments on two Treos and the same PC. As Perry said, you need a separate user id for each Treo. Once you have this established, pull up the palm desk top/calender on your PC and create a new event or appointment for one of the Treo ids at a specific day and time.

Highlight the event and hit the edit event tab in the lower left corner. A little window will pop up on the screen and highlight the event in the window and right click and hit copy. go to the upper left corner where user id is and open and scroll to the other Treo user id and open. A calender page for that Treo will open and then make sure the same day is listed and highlight the same time as the other Treo and right click and then hit paste.

The same event or appointment will appear on each Treo when you hotsync each one.

If you created an event or appointment on one of the Treos, Hotsync it to update the Palm Desktop and follow the above to copy the same event for the other Treo and then hotsync the second Treo to copy the same event to it.

Chuck