Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i have about 50 business contacts and some i can't remember their name but i can remember what company they work for... when i do a search in my 650 it only searches first and last name... is there any way to add the company field to that?

Thanks
    --Antonio
    Are you searching using the option key and the magnifying glass? I just tested . . . and my search found a company name. . . .

Cheers, Perry
  3.    #3  
    INFO: The way i was searching was: While looking at contacts just start typing the name i'm looking for and have it dwindle down to the contact i'm looking for. But it would only dwindle down on first and last name.

was just floating around google groups and saw that option and it worked pretty good.

Guess there is no way, when i'm in contacts, to just start typing a company name and be able to bring up a contact.

I guess I'll get used to doing a search
    If you set preferences within contacts to company name, then that is what will be searched when you start typing. . . .

menu>options>preferences. . . .
  5.    #5  
    hmmmm i just changed that and it still only searches first and last name.. even with (Company, Last Name) selected.

It would be nice thought to search through ALL of the contact info when i start typing on the 650.

I'll just start using the "Find".
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3
    hmmmm i just changed that and it still only searches first and last name.. even with (Company, Last Name) selected
    mine went after the company. . . try again.

unselect company and reselect. . . .
    Cool. I have RTFM heaps of times but that little search hint didn't stick in my head. Thanks Perry "the save memory by loading the docs-to-go fix" man : )
  8.    #8  
    nope.. damn. for my example

the company name is "AWT" and the contact name is Anthony. typing "AWT" or "awt" does not bring it up on my 650. But it does bring it up when i do a "Find" for "awt"
  9.    #9  
    Yea again thanks for the help Perry and taking the time to deal with me
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    Cool. I have RTFM heaps of times but that little search hint didn't stick in my head. Thanks Perry "the save memory by loading the docs-to-go fix" man : )
    LOL

Ya, that is my pet crusade. . . .
    Yea again thanks for the help Perry and taking the time to deal with me

COOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    mine went after the company. . . try again.

unselect company and reselect. . . .
    I believe this only works if you don't have a name in the First, Last field...rather, just the Company Name only...IIRC
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13.    #13  
    oh yea.. but it still didn't search by company name lol I don't think the treo 650 does. That would be a good "hack" though when in contacts when you start typing to search ALL the fields like the "find" does... but only in contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I believe this only works if you don't have a name in the First, Last field...rather, just the Company Name only...IIRC
    His blondeness is right, again! (Still)
    FWIW, you can do this in Agendus.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  16.    #16  
    ok cool.. so final word on this is... you can not, while in contacts, just start typing on a treo 650 and it search the company field. you can only search first and last name..

BUT i can stop being lazy and just hit the search button and find what i need perfectly anyway
  17.    #17  
    thanks perry and monkey bride !!
    ok cool.. so final word on this is... you can not, while in contacts, just start typing on a treo 650 and it search the company field. you can only search first and last name..

BUT i can stop being lazy and just hit the search button and find what i need perfectly anyway

Correct, except if you have company first selected in preferences, typing will search for Companys that have no people attached. . .

And, as his Blondeness said, Agendus looks for both. . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Correct, except if you have company first selected in preferences, typing will search for Companys that have no people attached. . .

And, as his Blondeness said, Agendus looks for both. . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Why Perry, if I didn't know any better, I would say you seem to be enamored with my new hairstyle and wardrobe!

All Palm PDA's I've had before had "the company function"... Why not the 650... Does the Treo 600 have it? The Life Drive?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast