1.    #1  
    is it possible to record a live phone conversation on the treo 650? Do we need software to do this? I am unable to figure it out....

let me know,
    Thanks
    Andre.
    quick question...did you try searching?

there are voice recording apps available (soundrec, mvoice, par pro, etc...) that allow you to record while on speakerphone.

seek and ye shall find.
  3.    #3  
    quick answer, no i didn't try searching.

thanks for the fast response partner.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    quick question...did you try searching?

there are voice recording apps available (soundrec, mvoice, par pro, etc...) that allow you to record while on speakerphone.

seek and ye shall find.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    I know it's a bunch of treads on this one - both in here and in other forums, but the interesting side of this one is to be able to record phone conversations without beeing on speakerphone isn't it? ...without the distortion, backgroud noice and all...?
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    I know it's a bunch of treads on this one - both in here and in other forums, but the interesting side of this one is to be able to record phone conversations without beeing on speakerphone isn't it? ...without the distortion, backgroud noice and all...?
    what are you saying?
    Quote Originally Posted by on1sony
    quick answer, no i didn't try searching.

thanks for the fast response partner.
    no prob
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    what are you saying?
    ...trying to point out that as I understand the question - he/ she is searching for an app to record phone conv's directly - without doing it from the speakerphone.

Do you know of any such app or method? Anybody else?
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    ...trying to point out that as I understand the question - he/ she is searching for an app to record phone conv's directly - without doing it from the speakerphone.

Do you know of any such app or method? Anybody else?
    No
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    mVoice works because the mic sensitivity is good and can be increased to record even w/o the speakerphone ON. Try the demo.
    You can also boost your mic with VolumeCare...
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    No
    As usual, he tells it like it is!

The answer is no and anything being used is a kluge.

Palm has to either make it or allow the ability to do it in a future Treo, but the current T650 is locked so that it can't be done.
    If you get a 2-in-1 headset....you'll be able to record convos!!!

That doesn't require speakerphone, so there is hope for you!

I'm going to be getting seidio's 2-in-1 adapter soon....I'm just not sure if I want the retractable version or not [leaning toward not for right now...'til i read some more opinions].