1.    #1  
    Question about surfing on the treo. I have never seen it since i dont have a data plan, but is it anything like surfing on a regular computer? How do webpages look and how much info can you get on such a small screen. Just curious to see if it would even be worth it for me to get a data plan. Thanks
    Its friggen awesome! More and more sites are optimizing for handhelds but sirfing the web is only the tip of the iceberg in reguards to making the most of your treo dont forget all the great applictions that use data such as email clients, directory assistant, kmaps, streaming the news with ptunes ect....Get the plan check it out for awhile... Your service provider will usually give you a month free to try it. I for one dont use blazer much since its to slow. I use XIINO

Heres some screen shots to give you an idea of what the net looks like in 320x320
  3.    #3  
    someone on here said that there was a plan for $20/month that gave you 40MB of data a month. Is that a lot? I know it depends on what your doing, but say for surfing now and then for movie times, weather, etc... I would like to give it a try but dont want to get the $40 unlimited plan yet.
    I have 10 bucks a month unlimited data on sprint,,,,,40 bucks,,,, that sux,,,,what carrier is that with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra
    Question about surfing on the treo. I have never seen it since i dont have a data plan, but is it anything like surfing on a regular computer? How do webpages look and how much info can you get on such a small screen. Just curious to see if it would even be worth it for me to get a data plan. Thanks
    Most sites can be viewed on the Treo but they are divided into vertical columns. It's like openning a word document but with the side margins being 4" so the body of the paragraph are a lot narrow. Less text per lines and you can only view 5 lines at a time by using the up and down arrow. You can view it on "wideview" mode also. This is like a normal word document but you have a small window to view portions of it. You drag the pages by tap and dragging on the screen. You can drag in any direction.

As far as speed, don't expect DSL or Cable speeds. It's like dial up. You have to wait about a minute (depends how large the page is) for the entire page to load.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    I have 10 bucks a month unlimited data on sprint,,,,,40 bucks,,,, that sux,,,,what carrier is that with?

Yeah, Verizon is a giant screw job for data. But i am sure they will catch up pricing with the rest of the companies, they are always the last on the wagon. Oh well.

Thanks for all the help guys.
    [QUOTE=you can only view 5 lines at a time by using the up and down arrow.[/QUOTE]

Can you scroll one line at a time? It seems that by pushing the navigation key up or down it scrolls an entire page. Sometimes I just want to go a line at a time.

Thanks,

Trini
    You can use your finger to scroll slowly with the touch screen.

Why don't you get a few days of unlimited data plan to try? T-mobile only charge you by day.
    Those Blazer images (apprarently on a 650) are awesome (compared with the 600)! For the original poster (and any others), Blazer changed (some for the better and some for the worse) in the 650. Those images and the page layout seems to be better on the 650, but the new blazer doesn't go through a proxy server that scales down the images. I can't recall if blazer in the 600 does, but there is a browser named Xiino that gets smaller versions of the images and this really speeds up page downloads a lot. Xiino is nice but has its share of getting used to also: the page formatting is pretty hacked up but once you get used to that it's a great browser. Apparently Blazer in the 650 handles (at least some) Javascript (as does Xiino). As a 600 user I need Xiino because Blazer in the 600 shows blank pages anytime you go to a page using Javascript.

-- Bob