Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just read a very convincing story about the new Treo running Windows on PalmInfoCenter. They had links to photos and video.
    Why isn't anyone talking about it here at Treo "Central".
    If I missed it I apologize. I am reading TC on my Treo so I didn't do much searching, but news like this should be on TC's front page.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    PCSnPIXels,

We actually have been talking about it, infact is kind of old news around here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=Treo+670

These are just to name a few links, but the story hit here before PalmInfoCenter.

Thanks
    RONBO!!!!!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    RONBO!!!!!!
    huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    huh?
    Where's ronbo2000 to lock or merge this with the 15 other "Have you seen the 670" threads that popped up.

I usually hit the triangle to report this, but I'm afraid the electroshock triangle receptors that connect to him are beginning to do damage.

(I'm worried. )
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    News like this will not be on the front page...it never is (anymore anyway). The staff cannot post NDA stuff. The forums are public and they are not liable if we do.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Apology accepted.

Though, how you could miss the Sticky marked:

Treo 670!? On HowardForums, Treonauts, engadget, etc., I have no idea...
    Well I do agree that perhaps TC should have a front page story instead of just the forum threads. But there may be NDA issues as some one else said...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Funk:

I just noticed your signature (gotta quit watching avatars) - and see you're into the x50v. Does this mean you're looking forward to the WM5 Treo? I liked the x50v for the short period I owned it, but I just couldn't give up my all in one Treo 650.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    The 670's are comming, The 670's are comming....Hey what happend to the 660? And why are we going to 670 instead of 700? Did I nod off?

So will the next, next version be a 750, and 800, or a 725? I'm so confused...Can someone other than me do a search on this and file a report?

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

I am not privy to any information, but I would bet we are either subject to an NDA or respecting a request from Palm. Just my guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I am not privy to any information, but I would bet we are either subject to an NDA or respecting a request from Palm. Just my guess.
    Does this mean you lend credence to all of this? I have always respected your opinion Kurt, and I, for one, would enjoy an in-depth (a few paragraphs, you're not THAT interesting ) look at your take on all of this. Do you believe the next Treo will be Windows, and more importantly, do you believe a PalmOS version will be released as well?
    Thanks.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    My personal belief (nothing more than that) is that we will see a Windows Mobile Treo as well as a PalmOS Treo (no idea of the particular OS, though). I would have thought we'd see a November release, but recent chatter has put that into doubt. I think we're looking at a Q2 2006 release, at least for the Windows version. A November update to the palmOS version would be in keeping with tradition, so might come before the windows version (since Palm is more familiar with the PalmOS they might rollout the PalmOS version first, anyway).

A windows treo shouldn't surprise anyone. Palm has been talking about using different OSs for a while.
    Now that sounds quite feasible! With all the speculation here, finally a serious outlook. Bravo

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

I think there are two new Treos in the near future (6 months). A Windows Mobile Treo 670, that looks like the current 650; and then a new Palm OS Treo 700 (be it Cobalt or Linux), and this is the one that will get new "bells and whistles".

But what do I know.................................
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
  16.    #16  
    I assumed that it had been discussed on the boards, my real question is - why do I have to go to PalmInfoCenter or Engadget to get my news on the new Treo? Isn't this TreoCentral?

I know that Palm and TC probably have a special relationship, but simply adding links to the Engadget and PalmInfoCenter links to the news page wouldn't hurt, would it?
    this isn't "news" these are rumors. When there is news it will be on the front page.
  18.    #18  
    True, Rumors with photos, video and confirmations from manufacturers -

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20050811A5021.html

In some cases - not many though - rumors are news. Especially for this site.
  19.    #19  
    On the front page - there is a section called "Rumors". What is that section for? I noticed that the most recent rumor is from March 9.

Here's the link: http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/index-5.htm

I'm not trying to be a jerk - I just want to know that I can find all my Treo information at TC and not have to go to six or eight sites a day like I did when the 600 was announced. TC did a great job keeping up with everything about the 650. I just hope that is the case with the new versions of the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcsnpixels
    On the front page - there is a section called "Rumors". What is that section for? I noticed that the most recent rumor is from March 9.

Here's the link: http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/index-5.htm

I'm not trying to be a jerk - I just want to know that I can find all my Treo information at TC and not have to go to six or eight sites a day like I did when the 600 was announced. TC did a great job keeping up with everything about the 650. I just hope that is the case with the new versions of the Treo.

hello...possible NDA and advertisers. When TC ran a fromt page story with the treo ace pics last year they were contacted by a "major wireless carrier" and the story was gone except for google cache and even that was pulled in a day.

they run a store and have a business to think of.

I agree this rumor may be true, but it is not news until there is a something more substantial.

that is how it is.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast