Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The reason I am putting this here is to ask everyone here what they want or what they are hoping the next Treo to have? I would like to have:

Either windows OS or a multi-tasking Palm OS
    PTT
    Wi-Fi
    GPS
    Bigger Screen
    Sliding keyboard
    better camera
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    The reason I am putting this here is to ask everyone here what they want or what they are hoping the next Treo to have? I would like to have:

Either windows OS or a multi-tasking Palm OS
    PTT
    Wi-Fi
    GPS
    Bigger Screen
    Sliding keyboard
    better camera
    Another "What do you want in the Treo 700!" thread.....

Are you in any sort of position to take these suggestions to Palm and/or HTC's engineering departments?
    I'm back!
    I say again...

BREASTS
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I say again...

BREASTS
    Would that be lil bitty breasts that fit the treo or normal sized breasts? Cause that would kinda make it hard (no pun intended) to put it in your pocket!
    1. EVDO (faster internet is a must!)
    2. BT 1.2 (or better)
    3. Better Camera (at least 1.3MP)
    4. Longer Lasting Battery
    5. Linux
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    1. Palm OS preferred
    2. Larger screen (although i doubt it will happen)
    3. More control over phone variables to lessen the need for 3rd party apps.
    4. Direct Access to the SD card through the cradle (without a 3rd party app)
    5. Wifi bult in or through an addon sd card.
    6. Minimum of 48MB free memory.
    Most importantly imo I hope the next gen Treo supports 1xEvDo/UMTs. I also would like it to be Cobalt based device with 1 GB Nand chip with 64 MB NVFS (similar to the T%). In addition: BT 1.2, wifi card compatible and a better browser than blazer..

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    1. More memory (128MB)
    2. WiFi
    3. Integrated antenna
    4. OLED display (I can dream can't I?)
    5. Better camera
    6. A 3.5mm headphone jack
    7. GPS if it doesn't impact the size much
    1. More memory - 128 MB minimum
    2. Built in voice-dialing
    3. Bluetooth 1.2
    4. Better (bigger?) keyboard
    5. Better camera (2 MP?)
    6. Better browser
    7. Built-in "ignore Insertion" function
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    Would that be lil bitty breasts that fit the treo or normal sized breasts? Cause that would kinda make it hard (no pun intended) to put it in your pocket!
    i thought they fit quite well in a blouse?
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    Ditto to Insertion's idea...

Here's something that's really puzzling to me. Why do some people insist so much on built in Wi-Fi? What does Wi-Fi have that Sprint, Cingular, Verizon doesn't??

A few years ago, Wi-Fi technology was soooooooo heavily hyped up. I had delusions there would be free Wi-Fi connection everywhere and anytime. This was also a reason why I had previously purchased a Tungsten C for its Wi-Fi feature.

I tried in vain desperation to log onto whatever free Wi-Fi was available a few years ago with my Tungsten C. Pretty much the only thing I got was the home page of McDonalds, Starbucks, and the Hyatt Regency. The home page always requested for a password, which of course I had none. I asked a McDonalds cashier one day for a Wi-Fi password, and the crew scratched their heads for 5 minutes and finally came back to give me a Wi-Fi password coupon. D@mn coupon didn't work worth beans! Then I tried asking a Starbucks cashier for a password, and was told to sign up with T-Mobile for $40.00 monthly subscription! Forget it!! The Hyatt Regency hotel wanted to charge me hundreds for a room to give me a password...don't think so!

The first time I actually logged onto the internet with Wi-Fi was at a local (non-Startucks) coffee shop. I almost fell over my chair over the amazement that Wi-Fi actually worked for the first time on my Tungsten C !! Granted, I had to pay a couple dollars for a cup of coffee, but hey, the darn thing worked! However, as soon as I walked 5 feet out the door, I immediately lost my Wi-Fi internet connection...that really sucked! I wasn't going to keep caffeinating my body at the cafe simply to log onto the internet there. I was so amazed, that I even tried surfing p@rn videos on my Tungsten C, but the whole darn thing froze and crashed and I had to do a hard reset which pissed me off! But that's another story.

Anyway, now that I have an unlimited data plan with Sprint for $15 per month, I'm happy to be able to connect to the internet pretty much anywhere and anytime, without being forced to order a cup of coffee and stay couped up inside a cafe!! Nowadays, I'm connected to the internet while at work, at the beach, in the car, on the bus, in the movie theater, all over!! My favorite saying now is "I don't need no stinkin' Wi-Fi !!!"

So for the next version of the Treo, I really don't give a rat's @ss about Wi-Fi, because it's nothing but a disappointment for me. I realize that some Treo users out there don't want to pay extra for the data plan, so they are trying to save money with Wi-Fi. But I think that's really a shame to have a Treo without a data plan attached to it--what's the point??

My hopes for the next Treo are:

*4 GB (yes GigaBytes!) of internal memory
    *Faster internet connection download speed
    *Ability to answer phone calls while in the middle of receiving internet content (I can dream can't I?)
    *1/3rd less weight, but twice the strength (more dreaming!)
    *Converting PDF files internally!
    *Built in USB 2.0 connection so that a desktop computer will recognize the Treo as an external drive
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    No pockets needed...you can just cup them in your hands. Believe me, NO ONE would care about BT headsets if it it had those!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    No pockets needed...you can just cup them in your hands. Believe me, NO ONE would care about BT headsets if it it had those!
    How would you know the dif between the speaker and the mic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Ditto to Insertion's idea...

Here's something that's really puzzling to me. Why do some people insist so much on built in Wi-Fi? What does Wi-Fi have that Sprint, Cingular, Verizon doesn't??
    agreed! WiFi is overrated. I travel quite a bit across the US with my laptop - and almost everywhere you go you have to pay at least $10 or more for WiFi service - which works reasonably well only 50% of the time. After spending over $1500 this year on WiFi fees alone, I've finally come to my senses and use my Treo instead for most of my work, in spite of lower speeds.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    1) WiFi
    2) Mucho improved OS (whatever that may be) over PalmOS 5
    3) 128 Megs minimum
    4) Full screen with sliding keyboard
    5) Easier to sync with your computer (portable hard drive concept)

As for why WiFi still matters.. outside of the US, unlimited data plans are sometimes hard to comeby... Fido in Canada (who I use) USED to offer $50 for unlimited, but I can't seem to find that offer still (I still get it, tho) Other then that, Bell offers 100mb for $100 a month.

Frankly with builtin WiFi I could get some small plan and just use WiFi for a LOT less where available.

When we can get data plans for $20 in Canada that's fast enough to listen to streaming audio, I'll consider WiFi "dead"
    Quote Originally Posted by treozero
    How would you know the dif between the speaker and the mic?
    I'm not sure it would matter.

1. 128mbs internal memory
    2. EVDO
    3. A SPRINT logo
    4. BT 1.2
    and most importantly
    5. COBALT!COBALT!COBALT!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I hope palmsource does something with the technology in their arsenal. They really need to make the interface more streamlined. They have BeOS and Linux, they can come up with something really special. BeOS technology to help with multimedia and multithreading/multitasking. Linux for filesystem and networking. Maybe a PDF based graphical interface like OSX, so we can get native PDF support. Open source it so people can update it.

In terms of hardware, I would like the form factor to stay the same. Maybe have a bigger screen for landscape mode, and come up with some intuitive way to fit a bigger keyboard.

EV-DO/UMTS
    WiFi SD card support
    built in HD 4GB or greater
    STABILITY
    I say again...

BREASTS
    Tom Cruise...
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast