Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ptt
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Something that's not in pseudo silver color. I would pay 100 more for a snobbery version.
    1. More memory 128k
    2. Faster processor
    3. better camera 1.5MP plus flash
    4. EVDO
    5. Internal antenna
    6. Thinner body.
    7. Radio/TV ability
    EV-DO!!
    Palm Linux!! (I don't want Cobalt if it's just going to be a pain for developers to write code for that OS when Palm Linux MIGHT be only a year away).
    Clamshell Design!!

The only problem I have with the Amoi G6301 (exluding the OS) is the keyboard layout...I'd prefer it to look like the Sharp Zaurus C3100's keyboard.

Here are some pictures of the Amoi G6301:

http://www.siamphone.com/picture/amoi/g6301/g6301_1.jpg
    http://www.siamphone.com/picture/amoi/g6301/g6301_2.jpg
    http://www.siamphone.com/picture/amoi/g6301/g6301_3.jpg
    http://www.siamphone.com/picture/amoi/g6301/g6301_4.jpg
    http://www.siamphone.com/picture/amoi/g6301/g6301_5.jpg
    http://www.siamphone.com/picture/amoi/g6301/g6301_7.jpg

How could a candybar phone be better than a clamshell design of that concept??
    BIGGER SCREEN
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    BIGGER SCREEN
    Yup...a clamshell provides that too!
    1. 64-128mb internal ram
    2. Bluetooth 1.2 or better
    3. 1.2 mp Camera or better
    4. Wifi internal or via SD Card (with onboard Memory)- for streaming 128bit shoutcasts cuz GSM network is too slow atm and I don't want to wait for the network to upgrade to UMTs
    5. UMTs capable
    6. STABLE OS (prefer Palms, but if I had to use MSFT I guess I would)
    Palm V -> Pocket PC -> Treo 650 GSM
    ----------------- ^
    Slipped to the "Dark Side" for a while, But I'm back
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    1. EVDO
    2. More internal ram.
    3. Macromedia flash out of the box.
    4. Improved picture and video capture.
    5. Thinner profile, shorter antenna.
    6. Louder speaker and ear piece.
    - make that stereo speakers.

-----------------------------------------
    Treo 650 Sprint
    1.12 rocks !
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Yup...a clamshell provides that too!

How bout them slider style, bad boys?
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Something that's not in pseudo silver color. I would pay 100 more for a snobbery version.

You really want a bling bling true silver color phone.
    It would be fugly IMHO.
    Unless ,you are a rap star.
    I assume you do n't mean above . A black is probaly the best,like sprint T600.
    You really want a bling bling true silver color phone.
    It would be fugly IMHO.
    Unless ,you are a rap star.
    I assume you do n't mean above . A black is probaly the best,like sprint T600.

How about brushed aluminum? anodized aluminum? Titanium? Carbon fiber? Or just plain professional black?

You know material that other expensive gadgets use.
    yeah ptt, louder, changable cases, bigger screen(for widescreen viewing), more memory, 1.2 bluetooth, faster of course, evdo,wi-fi, that would be sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    How about brushed aluminum? anodized aluminum? Titanium? Carbon fiber? Or just plain professional black?

You know material that other expensive gadgets use.
    Those are great colors.
    I hope people at Palm are reading this thread.
    Any of the above colors would be great .
    Not me, I like the color. Darker casing means the screen looks smaller. Lighter color opens it up.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    MORE MEMORY
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    While we're all dreaming...:

3D head ups projection system ala R2D2's 'help me Obe Wan'
    In the air user interface ala Tom Cruise's computer in Minority Report
    Direct Insertion into my skull
    Runs off the bio-electric energy of my mind
    Forget lame websites. Just download all the wiki and RSS information directly to my brain via the bluetooth to neuroelectric interface
    And if it could make that 'WHOOP WHOOP' 'Pull Up' 'WHOOP WHOOP' 'Pull Up' alarm like commercial jets do just before I wad on my motocross bike, that'd be nice too.
    Oh, and a flat rate from Sprint on all of this under $75
    How bout them slider style, bad boys?
    The things I have against sliders are listed below:

(1) they still leave the screen exposed (that's a BIG no-no in my books).
    (2) they still have to have a keyguard because there are buttons below the screen.
    (3) they still don't solve the problem of wanting to watch a video while on a plane...you have to have someway to prop the phone up, unless you wanna hold it while watching the entire two hours.
    (4) they still aren't as solid of a construction to me as hinges on a clamshell....otherwise we'd see more slider laptops.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    The things I have against sliders are listed below:

(1) they still leave the screen exposed (that's a BIG no-no in my books).
    (2) they still have to have a keyguard because there are buttons below the screen.
    (3) they still don't solve the problem of wanting to watch a video while on a plane...you have to have someway to prop the phone up, unless you wanna hold it while watching the entire two hours.
    (4) they still aren't as solid of a construction to me as hinges on a clamshell....otherwise we'd see more slider laptops.
    Hmm...
    All right, all right .....
    You convinced me about clamshell.
    However that will kill the one hand functionality, which is one of the biggest strength of the existing Treo's 600 & 650.
    Do you mean a palm based sidekick?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I've been holding off on getting the 650 because it doesn't really have any significant upgrades to my beloved 600. Here's my wish list. I may be more of a realist than many on here. Most of the requests on here if implemented would cost as much as a decent laptop and weigh as much as a brick.

1. No Camera!!! Please do not waste precious space in the form factor for a camera with useless resolution. Anything less than 3 megapixels is terrible. I have my digital camera for that. At the very minimum, keep making the cameraless models for those of us not allowed to have cameras on our cell phones. (Government/Military)

2. No Wi-Fi!! Make it an add-on SD module. I don't use it on my laptop unless we're traveling and I'm in my hotel. When I'm on the road, PDANet is fast enough. That's true mobility!!!

3. I want a vibrate function I can actually feel!! My old Nokia use to scare the crap out of me.

4. 64MB of NVFS and 128MB of RAM. I don't want the slowdown from NVFS. I backup to my SD card every night. Long gone are the worries of losing data.

5. Keep the antenna the way it is. As anyone who's studied electronics and electromagnetic wave propagation theory could tell you, the bigger the antenna, the better the reception. Besides, I use mine to take it out of it's case. I'd drop it more if I didn't have it.

Time to take my wife to dinner, I'll post the rest of my list later. Happy wife, happy life!!

*Posted from my Treo 600*
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    There are lots of things I'd like but here's my top 10:

1. UMTS
    2. UMTS
    3. UMTS
    4. UMTS
    5. UMTS
    6. UMTS
    7. UMTS
    8. UMTS
    9. UMTS