Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Not sure, it looks real to me?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It doesnt look that much different? (You do know that there are a gazillion new posts about these and Ronbo has worked tirelessly to merge them all?)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

this actually different than anything I've seen. (at least on my treo)
    No it's not.

It is completely different.

• Stubbier and fatter rounded-off antenna
    • Bigger signal light
    • Different logo with a "p" that extends down around the curved screen molding
    • rounder and shallower ear piece
    • 4 side buttons
    • corners are much more rounded
    • menu buttons are now too close together too indiscernible
    • corners are much more rounded
    • whole unit looks a little more shallow
    • new camera app and apparently new lens that has more pixels and a more powerful zoom
    Also its not a photo, just a drawing .
    Oh, and it looks the radio button up top is longer, so I wonder where the illustrator would have the IR placed.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Also its not a photo, just a drawing .
    Yeah, but I believe THIS is closer to reality than anything else we have seen. Take that for what it is worth to you coming from me knowing that I have discounted every other thing that has been posted here throughout this entire year.
    real or not...I like this design.

from where did this pic come?
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    real or not...I like this design.

from where did this pic come?
    I'd guess from the picture that it came from "Cool Tech Times".

*checking*

Yup

http://cooltechtimes.com
    Cool Tech describes it but doesn't say where they got the picture from or any of the info....oh well.
    Agreed, I like this design over the video of the WM treo (which i also believe is fake)

As for merging the threads...as this is a different picture then anything posted before I am happy it was put into its own thread. Some of us cannot live on this message board and it would have been lost in the middle of a thread and never seen.
    Looks like the call buttons have swelled substanially in size too.

I like this design except for the odd messy-like arrangement of the function buttons around the d-pad. Oh yeah, the center button of the d-pad looks just a little bigger too.
    I like the design too. I like the new rounded look, and the stubbier antenna helps.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by archie

I like this design except for the odd messy-like arrangement of the function buttons around the d-pad. Oh yeah, the center button of the d-pad looks just a little bigger too.
    You're talking about the on-screen representation of the D-pad (in the photo application). The actual D-pad doesn't have any markings (other than the direction arrows).
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Also, while i like this design...it is also a fake. Besides the poster only having 1 post, I find it odd that the site cool tech times has listed all the specs, but doesnt have an actual pic.
    One thing that is disappointing is that I know it will still only have Bluetooth 1.1 because I just checked the Bluetooth SIG organization yesterday and neither Palm or PalmSource have applied/registered for Bluetooth 1.2, 1.2+ or 2.0 (with exception of 1.2 for Cobalt about 2 years ago, but it seems reasonable to discount this).

No activity from them in almost 2 years on the bluetooth front.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget

You're talking about the on-screen representation of the D-pad (in the photo application). The actual D-pad doesn't have any markings (other than the direction arrows).
    I'm talkin' about the on and off buttons, the home key, the menu key and the calendar and mail keys around the d-pad. Looks like an intimidating hodge-podge of buttons, all differently sized and too close together.
    Quote Originally Posted by cruelpupet
    Also, while i like this design...it is also a fake. Besides the poster only having 1 post, I find it odd that the site cool tech times has listed all the specs, but doesnt have an actual pic.
    Perhaps my memory is fading but as I recall, every other Treo that has been released in the past was foreshadowed with a drawing very similar to this. I could be wrong but this is what I seem to recall. Peerhaps it is just wishfull thinking but this just feels like it is reel to me based on what it is we are looking at here, its timing and certain other specific events.

Anyone else remember these drawings or have any sitting around to post and compare.
    I'm talkin' about the on and off buttons, the home key, the menu key and the calendar and mail keys around the d-pad. Looks like an intimidating hodge-podge of buttons, all differently sized and too close together.
    They don't look any different than what is on the current Treo 650. Same number of buttons... Same configuration...maybe a little bigger?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Looks different to me.

But looking at it again in Photoshop really quick, it does seem to hold a bit of order. It is just in a different perspective. Instead of a linear layout (like all previous Palm devices), the function keys are now in a square layout completely surrounding the d-pad.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by archie; 08/10/2005 at 03:48 PM.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast