Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 97 of 97
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Originally Posted by skfny
    That's true, but I'm already paying for DSL at home. I don't want to have to pay the same for DSL on the go. (Although from their POV, why should Sprint charge any less for DSL on the go?)
    I always said "I Will Never Pay For Satellite Radio In My Car!" Guess what I'm about to have installed in my truck? So, I think in the end most of us will pay more for faster internet on our Treo's.
    Yeah. And people are getting voip phone in their home and getting rip off the traditional landlines.

    But satllite radio is a rip off! Audiobook > *
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Yeah. And people are getting voip phone in their home and getting rip off the traditional landlines.

    But satllite radio is a rip off! Audiobook > *
    satelite radio is outstanding. it's the difference between regular tv with 5 channels and directv or cable.

    I consider the $300 after rebate for lifetime Sirius to be 100% worthwhile. I never listen to fm anymore. The music is 1000% better, the other options are better. Best money I've spent on music in the last five years, next to my iPod.
  3. mattmcg's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #83  
    How the heck to you get the "$300 after rebate" deal? I only see $500 for lifetime service! Please advise.
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt
    satelite radio is outstanding. it's the difference between regular tv with 5 channels and directv or cable.

    I consider the $300 after rebate for lifetime Sirius to be 100% worthwhile. I never listen to fm anymore. The music is 1000% better, the other options are better. Best money I've spent on music in the last five years, next to my iPod.

    Eh... sorry I still refuse to pay for radio...

    Too bad the big labels killed off most internet radio stations a few years ago. Yeah I know there's shoutcast etc, but it's not like it used to be. If not, with the advent of 3G and wimax in the future, no one would be caring about satellite radio now and instead be interesting in 3g/Wimax in their cars etc to stream any radio station (premium or not) they want where ever they are. You can already do this to a limited extent on the Treo 650+Ptunes right now...but it is limited not only by the format but by the regulations that killed off most good radio stations off the internet...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Soo...if we've got a Palm Linux OS in the works FOR SURE....why would developers waste time with a Cobalt kernel?? That's what I'm wondering?

    I'd be pretty sure that Palm's going to stick with OS5 for a couple reasons. I'd obviously prefer a Cobalt version over a Garnet version if Cobalt were the future...but it's not!

    Palm Linux is still a couple years away from actually appearing on devices fyi. Read the following article for more info:

    http://www.informationweek.com/share...leID=169300302

    Furthermore, FrankenGarnet really has reached it's end of life and is looking pretty stale these days. Palm cannot simply remain with this trying to hack and patch it's way with Garnet for next couple years. IMO, at some point it has got to release a Cobalt device if it has any intentions of remaining with the palmos platform which I think it has...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6. #86  
    Whether the photo is a fake or not, I hope they don't change the basic form factor (although I could do without the antenna) and button layout - it works well for most of us.

    -jeff
    -jeff

    ...the Truth will set you free!
  7. Iceman6's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    #87  
    Thanks for the link to the Infoweek article, gfunk. Well worth reading.
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Palm Linux is still a couple years away from actually appearing on devices fyi. Read the following article for more info:

    http://www.informationweek.com/share...leID=169300302

    Furthermore, FrankenGarnet really has reached it's end of life and is looking pretty stale these days. Palm cannot simply remain with this trying to hack and patch it's way with Garnet for next couple years. IMO, at some point it has got to release a Cobalt device if it has any intentions of remaining with the palmos platform which I think it has...
    An interesting read, but I still have real doubts about the "time to market" problem facing Palmux. As fast as telecomm and technology are moving, I just can't see the market waiting for Palm as we suffer with FrankenGarnet and its poor patching history.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  9. #89  
    I like the rounded edges because they will allow the treo to take more abuse. Sharp corners mean more PSI and therefore more change of cracking. I'm happy for the rounding. Give me Cobalt and I'll be happy.
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    I like the rounded edges because they will allow the treo to take more abuse. Sharp corners mean more PSI and therefore more change of cracking. I'm happy for the rounding. Give me Cobalt and I'll be happy.
    Well, there's an angle I've not heard before...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  11. #91  
    New Guy Here:

    I am in the market for a PDA/Phone. Now, I just have a LG 4400, but I am looking for more, like GPS capability (as an extra). Looks like I can do this with the Treo 650 since Palm sells a GPS kit (seems to be sold out). But the killer for me is that the Treo 650 does not have native WiFi support. There seems to be a vapor product that adds WiFi to the 650 but seems to be a massive brick. I want to use WiFi at work and at home (poor cellular signal at my house), so I can browse the web, IM or send email without kicking the kids off the computer.

    So, my options are to wait for the Treo 700 which may have WiFi or purchase the new Samsung phone now which has WiFi built in...
  12. Iceman6's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    #92  
    I recommend you wait a few months. There are some amazing phones in the pipeline, like the HTC Wizard, Universal, and Apache, the Treo 670/700, the ETEN m600, and probably a few more that no one has even heard of.
  13. #93  
    HI Insertion,
    Just to say I like your avatars.but please will you STOP MONKEYING AROUND......................................
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by magician
    HI Insertion,
    Just to say I like your avatars.but please will you STOP MONKEYING AROUND......................................
    I'm being redundant, but...

    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I'm being redundant, but...

    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?
    ...I've discussed this with you. My answer stands.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I'm being redundant, but...

    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?
    Trust me my good man of plenty when opne says: I am amused by your banana antics. One does like being entertained by your learned way of chimpiness. May one commend you and keep up the good work old chap.
  17. #97  
    I had a few mins spare the other day before I started work so treat myself to a extra expensive coffee in the London Savoy. There I saw several top buisiness dudes were using a (FORGIVE ME AS A MAKE AN EXPLITIVE) Gooseberry.I mean Blackberry. I started to use my 650 just for the hell of it and you could see them dying to having a look. One guy did come over and had a chat to him about it. He was most miffed as his Blackberry is just a really smelly goosberry in disguise.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions