Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    As best I can tell this phone lives and dies on the pricing of EVDO. I don't know see why anyone would upgrade from the Treo 650 if they were on GSM. 1.3 Megapixel camera seems to be the only other reported upgrade. Oh, there's an 8x digital zoom, but digital zoom doesn't count, it's just software. They could release that for the Treo 650 (though it would probably be really bad with .3MP camera).

Gotta hope they are planning to come out with more features and not just a different look.
    I hoping that they were going to take away the antenna.
    Quote Originally Posted by master1m
    no antenna would be nice for a change

Although, this mock up seems to make the device a bit more compact and streamlined (with its rounded edges, etc.)

No antenna and a 3.5" jack for standard headphones would be so great.

We'll know soon enough.

regards,
    dolo
    .:Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around:.
    Quote Originally Posted by master1m
    How the hell would you take it out of your pocket then? Isn't it part of the Pocket Extraction System??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    i like it. is there any indication that the future treo might include ptt function?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    with the late discussions regarding the "670" and now the "leaked" 700, i haven't seen any discussions referencing the timeframe when we will be seeing this 700.

anyone have any insight in regards to this?

regards,
    dolo
    The only insight I can add is rather confusing. Someone posted about a report issued today by DigiTimes. It basically just restates the Windows Mobile rumor as news and then goes onto say that it couldn't be verified because neither HTC or Palm would comment thanks alot for THAT breaking news bit. No verification.

Then to add to the confusion, they state that Palm expects to ship 420,000 Treos in the third quarter, which is up from the second quarter and even further up from the first quarter. They have specific numbers but are confused in their quarters. I don't think their time frames match up with Palm's because Palm's 4th and final quarter of the year ends on Aug. 30th. Why would they report on third quarter epectations which were wrapped up 3 months ago.

To add to the confusion even more, they seem to think they know when the next Treo is shipping first quarter of next year. What they fail to tell us is if that is the calendar year or the financial year (Palm's next financial year starts September 1). But it is impossible to determine what they might mean because the rest of the article is clueless.

FWIW, I know someone that said they would ship in August (but he may have meant shipping to carriers for testing as recent evidence holds), I personally say October, some say by Christmas, some say first quarter of '06. Most recently, I'm leaning towards "I don't care anymore because I probably won't buy it."
    lol archie.

it seems there may have been some confusions regarding fiscal vs. calendar year statements.

for the most part, most organizations will run their forecasts, p/l's by the fiscal calendar. when they speak of product launches in regards to a marketing calendar, most organizations reference the consumer calendar year.

hope that helps to clear things up.

question still remains - is the next drop the 670 or the 700?

regards,
    dolo
    I would *guess*

670 - Window Mobile
    700 - Palm / Cobalt
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Well is this the feature ??? At least it has PalmOS

Quote:
    The Palm rumors won't stop now that the faucet is turned on. A new rumor involving the Palm Treo 700 shows a more rounded deisgn and smaller antenna, with enhancements that include EVDO and a 1.3 megapixel camera with 8x digital zoom.

http://www.bargainpda.com/assets/4108.jpg

The image is clearly a rendering, rather than an actual product shot, but as far as these things go, it looks more legitimate than the more common fakes.While there is no claim as to which OS in on the machine, the promise of EVDO probably has Sprint PCS and Verizon subscribers nearing a froth. The high speed data network vastly improves the usability of these devices with data heavy tasks.

Full link and more info
    http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=2628

Lappari out
    CASIO SF-7900 > Palm III > PalmVX > Palm m505 > Palm Tungsten C > Treo 650
    SD cards. 8Mb - 64Mb - 128Mb - 256Mb and 1Gb
    www.simnet.is/lappari
    We should probably bump this to the Future Treo forum.

Maybe we can just will the 700 to get here by the sheer wait of the rumors. . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I will buy it if it has WiFi.... If not - forget it
    CASIO SF-7900 > Palm III > PalmVX > Palm m505 > Palm Tungsten C > Treo 650
    SD cards. 8Mb - 64Mb - 128Mb - 256Mb and 1Gb
    www.simnet.is/lappari
    I concur on the wi fi. Also, the must improve the megapixel to at least two. Som e nokia phones are already pushing 3 mega pixels. And please get rid of the antenna
    I reaize wiFi is almost the number 1 topic on TC, but I'm not sold on the WiFi bit ... not if it is EVDO capable. Wifi would be a nice feature, but a deal breaker - IMO No.

Who needs to find a hot spot - give me EVDO and I'm 100% mobile.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    <merged>
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenChoi
    I would *guess*

670 - Window Mobile
    700 - Palm / Cobalt

yep, that`s what im betting its gonna be.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    If thinner and shorter than the 650 with the rounded edges - then I'm interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by chankla
    If thinner and shorter than the 650 with the rounded edges - then I'm interested.
    LOL, you guys kill me. You know, and I know, that no matter what the enhancements are, each of us will be scrambling to buy them when it's released.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamSurfer
    Not sure, it looks real to me?

Thats a great pic. I would be pretty happy if that were the new Treo.
    I want to know what os this thing has? Frankengarnet or Coblat?!! I hope that latter..

Also how much NVFS Ram? It better have at least 64 MB imo. Also I'm hoping it might have Nand storage space like the T%, but that might be asking too much huh?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast