1.    #1  
    PalmSource has enlisted the services of MontaVista Software today to help them develop the next generation of their Linux based OS.

One vote of "No Confidence".
  2.    #2  
    Now we know the reason why they just cancelled their 2005 developer conference.
    Goodness... this is worse than Microsoft delays of major OS launches.
    probably after they saw the windows treo floating around
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Wonder we can put this on our 650s when it comes out. Hopefully we'll get to see a beta in the near future. I will take a linux kernal over anything that SmallFlacid(M$) produces any day.
    mvista.com is down. What the hell is up with that?

Who are they anyway.

With 26 million they can merge alot of linux hackers.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    With 26 million they can merge alot of linux hackers.
    26 Million is a small price to pay for this market...or at least the mindset both Palm and PalmSource should have, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFalken
    Wonder we can put this on our 650s when it comes out. Hopefully we'll get to see a beta in the near future. I will take a linux kernal over anything that SmallFlacid(M$) produces any day.
    I second that in a huge way. I'd much rather see a Linux-based Palm OS than more mediocre M$ buggy virus-ridden software.
    Can't wait to run Apache on my phone! I wonder if there's push technology that will work for web requests...
    Soo....can anybody give an estimate as to when Palm Linux will be released?? Any idea whatsoever??

I'm not upgrading from the 650 until I get my Palm Linux, dangit! And I'd also prefer a clamshell to go along with that Linux-based OS, but I could wait another couple upgrades for that one. I think a clamshell would prolly be too much for Palm, wouldn't it?