Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    First of all I know this has been asked 10000 times so I am sorry. I have been using a Palm Zire72 since December and absolutely love it. I do not however love the fact that I carry a Palm and a cell phone. My friend convinced me to get a blackberry, which I did and so far I like it (sort of). I like very much the email aspect of it, ubt HATE the PDA aspects such as Palm Desktop, the calendar, tasks etc that I have grown to love on the Palm format. For these reasons I am leaning towards selling this and upgrading to a new Treo 650. I need some help please.
    The blackberry as most know has the emial push technology. The Treo (on Verizon) has wireless sync, BUT, I am not a corporate person, instead am using this to integrate 1 work and 2-3 personal accounts which on the blackberry has been easy thus far using the forward options in those email accounts or simply the pop3 access. On the treo can I simply do the same thing? In reading the wireless sync literature it says my computer (work for most I am sure) has to be on. Wekll this cannot happen for me so can i simply have say my hotmail and gmail accounts just forward the email to my treo and get it in real time as i am not on the blackberry. I need the email but NEEED the calendar. Thanks for any help. PS if you do not mind writing back to mrfizzed@gmail.com so it goes to my blackberry I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks again.
    if you use imap, you can get a free account from fastmail and then use chatter email. it does push for imap. and may do it for pop, but not really sure.

sent to email too.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    You can set up to 8 VersaMail accounts. These need to access POP3 servers. I have my work and 4 home accounts (each member of the family) set up on my Treo. You can set a "pull" as quick as every 5 minutes, if you so desire. I just do a manual pull, whenever I am ready to read my mail.

There are also, 3rd party email options that many people on this forum are happy with. Do a search on Snapper and Chattermail. But I would definitly get a Treo! Best PDA, Phone, Internet and Email device on the planet, IMHO.

Cheers, Perry.