Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i am ashamed to admit it but i found myself doing a soft reset while driving twice last week. totally unsafe but i needed to use my phone. i always use my bt headset to be safe while driving. i dont want to come off as one of those jerks who are on their phone while driving and not paying attention. as stated above.... i am ashamed....

now to my question.....

have you ever done a soft reset while driving?
    i have. and even more unsafe, i post here and other message boards while driving, and text message too...
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    i have. and even more unsafe, i post here and other message boards while driving, and text message too...

Shame on you!...Hey!...Cool signature!

But, still...shame on you!
    Never argue with an *****; people watching may not be able to tell the difference. - Author unknown
    This has become second nature to me. My 650 configuration has caused me to become a compulsive backupbuddy user. Full restores could be done in my sleep. Surprisingly though,....made it through a whole day today with no resets and subsequent loss of all preferences. Weird....I must have deactivated the treo nvfs hot potato time bomb with some sequential key press. Or random setting. Could she be calming down with her older age?
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMike
    Shame on you!...Hey!...Cool signature!

But, still...shame on you!
    FrozenCode made did it for me(adding the music to my pic) its supposed to be bigger and not have that text below it, havent figured it out yet...
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  6.    #6  
    i guess i should admit to a few text messages and versamail use while driving. but mostly @ red lights.
    I'm not as brave as I used to be, so anything outside of a phone call waits until I'm in park.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  8. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frankricard
    totally unsafe but i needed to use my phone. now to my question.....

have you ever done a soft reset while driving?
    Why do you need to do a soft reset to use your phone I've done lots of things with my treo while driving, mostly at red lights or in heavy stop-and-go traffic (that's my position and I'm sticking to it!) but never a reset, soft or otherwise.
    All of the above , guilty! Not proud at all, but I do need my phone at certain times. You know what's worse? I've also gotten a DUI cause of it, beer & Treo Do Not Mix!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by hsk
    Why do you need to do a soft reset to use your phone I've done lots of things with my treo while driving, mostly at red lights or in heavy stop-and-go traffic (that's my position and I'm sticking to it!) but never a reset, soft or otherwise.

my treo had totally frozen up and therefore needed to be reset.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Can we a get an app for the treo that changes the light from red to green while driving? Like NoviRemote Light Changer
    Readingv this right now while I drive
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    All of the above , guilty! Not proud at all, but I do need my phone at certain times. You know what's worse? I've also gotten a DUI cause of it, beer & Treo Do Not Mix!
    Why am I not surprised? You ARE TC's resident beer expert...

I Verichat and talk on the phone, while driving
    if my phone needs a reset while driving i will just pull out the battery and soft reset that way alot easier then using stylus
    Incoming Bluetooth headset calls only, all or any other operations require a red light or a pull over. (Once in a great while I will use Voice Dial to make an outgoing headset call.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 08/09/2005 at 09:54 AM.
    As a motorcycle rider who is constantly at risk from idiots who are paying attention to eveything BUT their driving, I'd like everyone to remember that they're piloting 1 and a half to 3 tons of steel and plastic which can become a lethal weapon with a second's lapse of attention. Think about those around you while you're driving.

At 60 mph, how much ground do you cover in the oh, let's say 5 seconds that your attention is focused on removing the battery cover (which takes 2 hands), pulling out the stylus, and pressing the reset button? Almost 500 feet, or nearly the length of a football field. How much damage can you do if you wander into the next lane, or onto the shoulder, or blow through a stop sign? Or fail to notice that traffic ahead of you is stopping suddently. Is it REALLY worth it?

I was standing at an airport luggage carousel not too long ago watching a woman trying to juggle her cell phone while grabbing her luggage. Finally she said "Call me back in 15 minutes. I'll be driving by then, and can give you my full attention." Scared me half to death. When you're driving, the ROAD, traffic and your car deserve your full attention, not your phone.

I recently saw the results of a study (done in Canada, I believe) which found people operating a car while talking on a cell phone tested as more impaired than drunk drivers. How much worse would the results have been if they had evaluated people web surfing, sending emails or doing Treo resets?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    As a motorcycle rider who is constantly at risk from idiots who are paying attention to eveything BUT their driving, I'd like everyone to remember that they're piloting 1 and a half to 3 tons of steel and plastic which can become a lethal weapon with a second's lapse of attention. Think about those around you while you're driving.

At 60 mph, how much ground do you cover in the oh, let's say 5 seconds that your attention is focused on removing the battery cover (which takes 2 hands), pulling out the stylus, and pressing the reset button? Almost 500 feet, or nearly the length of a football field. How much damage can you do if you wander into the next lane, or onto the shoulder, or blow through a stop sign? Or fail to notice that traffic ahead of you is stopping suddently. Is it REALLY worth it?

I was standing at an airport luggage carousel not too long ago watching a woman trying to juggle her cell phone while grabbing her luggage. Finally she said "Call me back in 15 minutes. I'll be driving by then, and can give you my full attention." Scared me half to death. When you're driving, the ROAD, traffic and your car deserve your full attention, not your phone.

I recently saw the results of a study (done in Canada, I believe) which found people operating a car while talking on a cell phone tested as more impaired than drunk drivers. How much worse would the results have been if they had evaluated people web surfing, sending emails or doing Treo resets?
    agree fully with you! Even with BT I still don't feel that I'm as much in control when I'm driving so I limit or try to avoid using the phone altogether. I have to pull over to use DA or get directions - otherwise it's an accident waiting to happen.
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    I had to peel off my skin first, just to get to the battery, not 6 hours ago. I needed to call 911, for a few unlucky motorists, while on the Thruway, and of course thats when it decides to freeze. It hadn't done that for months before today.
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    The four most recent accidents that have occurred to people that I know, have somehow involved one of them being on the phone.
    last night i reset my phone on the highway by disconnecting the battery - sadly i have become so proficient at doing this with one hand all the while i had both eyes on the road and the treo in my lap.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast