1.    #1  
    As a future Treologian, many of the terms confuse the heck out of me. In some threads I have to stop 40 times to go investigate an acronym or tech term. How about having a 'sticky' (if I assume that defination correctly) that can help the techincally impoverished.

Please add your terms AND definitions.

Example terms:

POP
    SIM
    DUN
    ROM
    GSM
    EDVO
    Restored ROM
    POP = Post Office Protocol (email protocol)
    SIM = Subscriber Identity Module (used in GSM phones)
    DUN = Dial Up Networking (Using your Treo as a modem)
    ROM = Read Only Memory. Different meanings, but for the Treo, the apps that are embedded (or burnt) into the Treos memory (Including the OS itself.)
    GSM = (I believe) Global System for Mobile Communication. Used Worldwide. Cingular and T-Mo operate on a GSM network. Sprint and Verizon on CDMA
    EVDO = Evolution Data Optimized. High speed wireless internet. (CDMA)
    Restored ROM = If you make a custon ROM for your Treo, and you wish to go back to factory, you would restore.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    what does RTFM mean ?

but seriously

I don't think we need more stickies IMHO (in my humble opinion)

I suggest following a precess similar to this if you see something that gets the question marks popping...

check the manual (available online at palm's site if you lost yours)
    search the forums
    search the palm forums/support site
    search google

if you still are confused post a question in the original thread (not start a new one). As a courtesy let people know what steps you've taken to try to figure it out and what you've discovered along the way.

I hope that helps.

enjoy the site and your treo...this place is a lot of fun
    Add a few more smileys Dutch...just in case

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Add a few more smileys Dutch...just in case
    no doubt

just trying to BAPAP(be as polite as possible)

6.    #6  
    Thats' what I have been doing and I can see your point. I guess what I was hoping was having that 'Dictionary' thread open while going through the forums. If I needed clarification of terms, I just pop over to the definition thread and...viola!. It also seems a more concise place to find clarifying terms than searching through a myriad of threads, Googling them or searching P1 (that's Palm One....see, I am learning) ...useful for those going to TC from their Treos (I did read the one sticky about about wasting thread space and it costing treo surfers $$).
    From a noob to the pro's, I appreciate your wisdom and sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by winginit
    Thats' what I have been doing and I can see your point. I guess what I was hoping was having that 'Dictionary' thread open while going through the forums. If I needed clarification of terms, I just pop over to the definition thread and...viola!. It also seems a more concise place to find clarifying terms than searching through a myriad of threads, Googling them or searching P1 (that's Palm One....see, I am learning) ...useful for those going to TC from their Treos (I did read the one sticky about about wasting thread space and it costing treo surfers $$).
    From a noob to the pro's, I appreciate your wisdom and sharing.

my pleasure...thank for being a sport

by the way

viola
    n.
    A stringed instrument of the violin family, slightly larger than a violin, tuned a fifth lower, and having a deeper, more sonorous tone.
    An organ stop usually of eight-foot or four-foot pitch yielding stringlike tones.

I use MobileDB when I need acronyms. They have a db called Web Acronyms.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Maybe a Newbie Nook forum? And on that subject maybe the mods can reverse the order of the hardware forums IMHO. Does anyone own a Treo 90 anymore?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Maybe a Newbie Nook forum? And on that subject maybe the mods can reverse the order of the hardware forums IMHO. Does anyone own a Treo 90 anymore?
    pssst, IMHO = ...

Oops! In My Humble Opinion, although YMMV

Lol Rofl
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly on 08/06/2005 at 09:55 PM

Lol Rofl
    You're supposed to say what that meant
    Laughing Out Loud
    Rolling On the Floor Laughing..

...AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK ;-)

can i play too?
    as far as i know
    IIRC
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I never knew what IIRC meant, I though it was people misspelling IRC over and over again.

http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-quer...iirc&Find=Find

That place has TOO many definitions for IIRC, which one is used most commonly around here? Or are they all used?

BTW, your NVFS is flashin' the MBs to the SMTP. I know it don't makes no sense...but WADATA, MY DAIMEE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    can i play too?
    as far as i know
    IIRC
    if i recall correctly
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)