Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Far be it from me to argue (Insertion keep quiet!), but I have to disagree again. I sell both Sprint and Verizon, and I easily qualify for your "spend a few days with it" comment. The slider is a very good design for a slider but its not going to replace my Treo. As far as people futzing around, I'm sure it does happen, but you have to admit it's not with the inherent five way nav pad. Once you realize up and down is up and down, and side to side is link to link then you're done. And that takes all of five seconds.
    In the end though? To each his own. I'm glad you're happy with your i730. I never could be.
    Agreed.

BTW, I prefer the design of the Treo, because of its superior hardware/software integration and ease of use. It has nothing to do with the slider. If I could get a Treo with the following three of the i730's features: (a) a nice big screen, (b) the i730's slider, and (c) EVDO - well, I'd be happy.
    Holy Cow!

Go away for a day or two and look what happens.

Right on schedule though I guess. Every August TreoCentral explodes with the annual Treo rumors.
    HAHAHA!!!

Just watched it again. Since when does Microsoft Mobile use Keyguard?

There are probably other tell tale signs I haven't noticed yet but these video are fake.

*Note: my source still says they will be using Windows Mobile though, but I am pretty sure it DOSN'T use keyguard.

BWAHhahahaha!
    I still say these videos are fake, BUT I just realized that my source was talking about running Flash on a Treo last weekend. I was thinking he was talking about using it as an OS or something (see my poll from Monday here), but I think what he was saying is that he could run Flash on it since there is a Flash player for Windows devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    HAHAHA!!!

Just watched it again. Since when does Microsoft Mobile use Keyguard?

There are probably other tell tale signs I haven't noticed yet but these video are fake.

*Note: my source still says they will be using Windows Mobile though, but I am pretty sure it DOSN'T use keyguard.

BWAHhahahaha!

I am sure you have more info than me but couldn't palm customize the os to include their own keyguard? that keyguard was similar to the palm os treo one but not identical,
    I still say these videos are fake, BUT I just realized that my source was talking about running Flash on a Treo last weekend. I was thinking he was talking about using it as an OS or something (see my poll from Monday here), but I think what he was saying is that he could run Flash on it since there is a Flash player for Windows devices.
    flash player on palm treo 650
    As far as the whole 'fake' issue: I would not put it past the dedication and intelligence of some die hard pda/phone person to be able to fake video and photoshop pictures. I think pretty much anything is possible. That being said, I hope there is something new around the corner...it will keep everyone on their toes. ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I am sure you have more info than me but couldn't palm customize the os to include their own keyguard? that keyguard was similar to the palm os treo one but not identical,
    But it is version 1.2.
    But it is version 1.2.
    I'm sorry, I don't follow ya
    the only ppl who should be ****ting in their pants are other MS phone makers. the treo/palm will crush them all. they couldnt touch a palm treo, now the bar is riased even higher.

palmsource should be a little worried, but they should be in panic mode. i dont think palm is going to abondon them until palmsource shows they cant keep up.

btw, you dont think MS is happy about this? you think they wont hype the **** out of this? palm now using MS? please. i wouldnt put it passed them to up some money for it to happen or at least giving them access to the code to make it a true treo.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I don't care about limited compatibility with games. I wan't true Flash capability... on the web, where everyone uses it and it provides truly useful information. But thanks.
    .but you're welcome ;-)
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I cannot believe this. EIther this is the greatest scam of all time, or we have all been sideswiped. I can't believe somebody else didn't post this yet (at least a search on Treo 670 didn't show up)....The device just looks way too polished to be a scam.

Here are full color pics of the "Treo 670" shown on Verizon...

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000050053387/

Here is fuzzy but definitely discernable video of the thing:

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000840053340/
    Mark F Chinsky
    how many times is this going to be posted lol
    <merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by lazieboss
    how many times is this going to be posted lol
    It just goes to show that people a) do not search before they post and b) want to be the first person to put the info out there.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Roc, can you get a screen shot beneath the battery (where it shows the Treo model no)?

Block out the ESN of course...

TIA
    No thanks I'll keep the 650 and be happy!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    No way these pics are fake. No way I will believe that some avid Photoshopper went through the trouble of creating a screen reflection that is not an exact copy of each other in each pic, yet clearly a reflection from the same environment. These pics are real, but that does not say anything about this being a unit being prepared for production.
    YUP, I'm a believer...NOW ONLY IF THERE'S A GSM MODEL!!!

This photo did it for me.

http://images9.fotki.com/v173/photos...4051322-vi.jpg
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast