Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Actually, restating the last thing I said:
    Now that these pics are released, PalmSource will have to go into some kind of PRPRPR $fail$ $safe$ $mode$, $as$ $this$ $only$ $makes$ $them$ $look$ $much$, $much$ $worse$. $Regardless$ $of$ $whether$ $Palm$ $admitted$ $to$ $doing$ $this$ $or$ $not$, $test$ $shots$ $from$ $in$ $the$ $wild$ $are$ $always$ $indicators$ $of$ $something$ $bigger$. $And$ $considering$ $that$ $now$ $we$ $are$ $getting$ $shots$ $with$ $defined$ $buttons$, $rather$ $than$ $the$ $non$ $defined$ $ones$ $from$ $the$ $shots$ $in$ $March$/$April$, $means$ $that$ $a$ $ton$ $more$ $testing$ $is$ $going$ $on$.

For Palm and MS, this would be really, really good.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    how could a slider be easier to use than a 5way?
    Because he says so, dammit!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    how could a slider be easier to use than a 5way?
    It just is.
    Links are missing a g at the end. .jpg not .jp
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Because he says so, dammit!
    Lolzz. Insertion your post makes my day. After all day listening crap from people about new treo, its always a breeze to find your few posts here and there :-).

Cya.
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
    OMG,
    This is Sooo Aswome,
    I have been waiting sooo long for this phone, now I can do VPN Back into my company and I can use terminal server to connect to my servers and everthing will be alot smoother ...
    Is there a release date?
    4 months ? 1 year ?
    in the FWIW department. This treo in the pics and vids looks a lot like one of the prototype designs Plam showed at the roadshow and in the webinar last november. I specifically recall a 650 prototype photo with a squareish 5 way and home keys. don't remember if it was a photo or just a drawing. the Palm guy said they do everything from cardboard mockups to fully working devices to test form factor and function.
    Quote Originally Posted by jstpa
    I don't think anybody should pay any attention to any criticism of the i730's slider unless the person making the criticism has spent at least a week using it.

The 6600 slider is a completely different animal. Not nearly in the same class for ease of use.
    That just proves my point. If I have to use an i730 for a week, then what you're really saying is "I have to get used to it". Well, that means a compromise. You can pick up a Treo and know , within five seconds of doing so, that it will be easy to use one-handed. If its gonna take me a week to figure that out on an i730, then it means I'm compromising by "getting used" to the short comings of the device.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I was thinking the same thing. Check the date/time this thread was started then close all the rest of those excess threads!
    My preference would be for a Cobalt-based 650, but if the Windows version is more stable (definitely not a sure thing!) I would consider using that. For me, the Palm/Treo experience is all about the aftermarket apps. And bluetooth!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    I was thinking the same thing. Check the date/time this thread was started then close all the rest of those excess threads!
    I know. I saw yours yesterday when you first posted it. I'm surpised it hasn't been absorbed with the others yet.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47
    My preference would be for a Cobalt-based 650, but if the Windows version is more stable (definitely not a sure thing!) I would consider using that. For me, the Palm/Treo experience is all about the aftermarket apps. And bluetooth!
    And don't forget STICKING IT TO DA MAN!!!
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by roc a fella
    Yeah that pic was taken in low light with my 8000.

I will get a beter pic for everyone.

Thanks for the great pics, vids and scoop Roc!

Can you include a pic of the back of the unit with the cover on. Would like to see how the camera looks and if the reset button has in fact moved to the outside of the case as sam2579's contact has suggested.

Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by antmelnat
    Thanks for the great pics, vids and scoop Roc!

Can you include a pic of the back of the unit with the cover on. Would like to see how the camera looks and if the reset button has in fact moved to the outside of the case as sam2579's contact has suggested.

Thanks!!
    The first pic shows the battery compartment, with the same reset hole.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    That just proves my point. If I have to use an i730 for a week, then what you're really saying is "I have to get used to it". Well, that means a compromise. You can pick up a Treo and know , within five seconds of doing so, that it will be easy to use one-handed. If its gonna take me a week to figure that out on an i730, then it means I'm compromising by "getting used" to the short comings of the device.
    Nonsense.

First, I didn't mean that you have to get used to it. I meant you should spend some time with it to get over your prejudice. They say that true progress comes when the holders of the old views die. I agree with that, but I think that spending a few days with the device can work in this case - and it's a less harsh solution. On the other hand, if you have an open mind, you'll probably realize right away that the i730 slider is a good solution.

Second, I know more than a few people who futzed around pathetically for some time before they became adept with their Treos.

Third, there are lots of things about the i730 that take getting used to - but the slider isn't one of them.
    so is the Treo and Palm os dead from here on in??
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I've been a pocket pc user since 2000. I really hate palm os, but has adapted since I've owned a treo. It would be nice if both platforms were supported though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jstpa
    Nonsense.

First, I didn't mean that you have to get used to it. I meant you should spend some time with it to get over your prejudice. They say that true progress comes when the holders of the old views die. I agree with that, but I think that spending a few days with the device can work in this case - and it's a less harsh solution. On the other hand, if you have an open mind, you'll probably realize right away that the i730 slider is a good solution.

Second, I know more than a few people who futzed around pathetically for some time before they became adept with their Treos.

Third, there are lots of things about the i730 that take getting used to - but the slider isn't one of them.
    Far be it from me to argue (Insertion keep quiet!), but I have to disagree again. I sell both Sprint and Verizon, and I easily qualify for your "spend a few days with it" comment. The slider is a very good design for a slider but its not going to replace my Treo. As far as people futzing around, I'm sure it does happen, but you have to admit it's not with the inherent five way nav pad. Once you realize up and down is up and down, and side to side is link to link then you're done. And that takes all of five seconds.
    In the end though? To each his own. I'm glad you're happy with your i730. I never could be.
    It'll be fun.
    The big MS does not really need Palm.

It is already flooding the market with different clones of its product which are branded differently, typical big corporate strategy to stiffle competition.

Palm with limted resources (vs MS) have a tough time managing this unless they can identify a unique market where only Palm can satisfy the needs.
    I'm with insertion Kupe, you need to get out more. This thread is a merge of several others, I made my post in the thread that used to be in the other handheld forums, where your post wasn't.

I am going to wait and see if this ms treo actually hits the shelves first.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous