Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Roc, on the photo w/ the Win OS screen shot, can you take a better pic?

I cant make out the processor speed.

OH and also, as someone on HF suggested, try to get a side by side shot with a current Treo 650

TIA
    Yeah that pic was taken in low light with my 8000.

I will get a beter pic for everyone.
    roc a fella,

could you please tell whether the hardware has a 3.5mm headphone jack or 2.5?

and could you some how get a hold of the treo 650 and shoot us some really helpful side-by-side pics of the treos?

and i would really appreciate it if you tell us the USB speed. is it 2.0?

thank you,

msafi,
    treo 650 + SanDisk Ultra II 2GB
    in the process of selling the treo 650 and buying Qtek 9100.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    ...3. That is a **** ugly phone.
    Even for ButtUglyJeff?
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Indicator
    But I'm sure my friends at Sprint, Verizon and Cingular wouldn't want me to talk about their device roadmaps since I'm still under NDA.
    Ah yes - the old "I'm-under-an-NDA" line. You need to re-read your "NDA" since it prohibits you from publicly speculating about the future plans of any product covered by said NDA. Then go turn yourself in to the NDA police for (incorrectly) publicly speculating on this future Verizon phone. Tell them you not only violated the NDA's prohibitions, but you're also ignorant of the products covered by the NDA you (allegedly) signed. You're funny!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    You guys see the thread in the general chat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe 2 posts earlier in this thread
    Also looks like the Treo General section here a TreoCentral finally picked it up later on today.
    Ummm . . . Yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahsad
    if you wanna talk about looks, i dont thinks theres anyway a new treo could "out-look" a motorola Q since both phones seem essentially the same now except the moto Q looks infinitely better, is half the width,
    Half the width? What have you been smoking? Or do you mean half the thickness?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    OK, I can't see ANY of the still photos. IE keeps telling me the page doesn't exist. Can anyone else still see them? Is the site down, or did Palm force their removal?

Someone posted earlier that the specs on this include 32KB of memory. 32KB on the Windoze OS is even more of a joke than on the Palm. You wouldn't be able to do any worthwhile multi-tasking. I believe the device is real. I'm not convinced that it's slated for production. It could easily be a prototype device that Palm / Verizon are testing, which may or may not be released in this or some other form, someday.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    You know what's gonna make this a success? Stability. Until Palm can make the Treo 650 WAY more stable folks are going to try other products. Why shouldn't Palm get in on the action? Remember, they're not just a software company now, they make hardware as well. They will test market the PPC Treo and make a decision based on numbers. Maybe the PPC and Palm versions will co-exist. I'm just happy to have more choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    OK, I can't see ANY of the still photos. IE keeps telling me the page doesn't exist. Can anyone else still see them? Is the site down, or did Palm force their removal?

Someone posted earlier that the specs on this include 32KB of memory. 32KB on the Windoze OS is even more of a joke than on the Palm. You wouldn't be able to do any worthwhile multi-tasking. I believe the device is real. I'm not convinced that it's slated for production. It could easily be a prototype device that Palm / Verizon are testing, which may or may not be released in this or some other form, someday.
    I have a tough time believing two things:
    1. 32mbs on Windows is impossible. Anyone with ANY experience with the OS would stay well clear of that.
    2. There is nothing on the web to support VZW switching places with Sprint and becoming the pre-dominate R&D partner for Palm. This would mena they were funding about 75% of the research for this new device AND released the 650 knowing full well that another device would soon be available for them ! This doesn't make financial sense, and believe me, that's the only thing VZW EVER thinks about. I suppose it's possible Palm has gotten to a position where they have more than one carrier testing devices for them, and intend to simultaneously, or something much more closer to that than last time, launch the device on two networks, but I doubt it.
    My thoughts are that this is a real device, probably one that's used strictly for research, and is miles removed from any actual production line. The asthetics don't appear to bear out that this is a form factor they'd go with. I also imagine this unit truly does have only 32mbs if it's soul function in life is testing. You wouldn't need anymore than that. Got forbid you load a few third party apps on one during the "testing" phase to see what happens. That's what you have customers for, right Palm?
    My other gut reaction is that while this probably is a testing unit, I doubt very much that we'll see it anytime soon. Windows Mobile still doesn't handle five-way, one handed navigation very well, so that makes me leary. I'm sure I could be wrong though.
    In closing, I hope all these rumors are true. I'm ready for a new Treo, no matter the OS. However, I will be much more convinced if the "Cobalt" unit surfaces with just as many pics to back it up.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    1) In WM5, ram is just ram. This device should work as well as any 64MB pocketpc (which splits the RAM between programs and storage).

2) WM 5 is focused on phone usage. One handed navigation has been added to the OS, just as in POS 5. Thats in part what the softkeys are about also.

Surur
    Unfortunately, it makes sense (Windows Mobile that is). If they are going to run EVDO, multitasking would be much more important with a high speed connection, as well as teh rumors that WM5 scales to any video size. That may also explain the Cobalt rumors as well. However, I can't see the Windows crowd being happy with the square screen routine, even if it is higher res.

My real question to Palm is - where is the slider design so you can use a 480x320 screen like the LifeDrive?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Unfortunately, it makes sense (Windows Mobile that is). If they are going to run EVDO, multitasking would be much more important with a high speed connection, as well as teh rumors that WM5 scales to any video size. That may also explain the Cobalt rumors as well. However, I can't see the Windows crowd being happy with the square screen routine, even if it is higher res.

My real question to Palm is - where is the slider design so you can use a 480x320 screen like the LifeDrive?
    1. Isn't Cobalt supposed to solve the multi-tasking issue? I'm not arguing, I believe there's a market for both, I just thought it had been rumored to multi-task.
    2.A slider? Nah...too much hassle, even with the larger screen payoff. You ever tried a slider (PPC6600 or Samsung i730) one handed? Not for me!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    We've been saying this since late March at least that WM is at least being tested on Treos. That would be in Palm's best interest. The question is if whether they will do it or not. I think that on a CDMA network, WM actually makes more sense for Palm as they can capitalize on that branch of the market. GSM speaking, I'd see Cobalt as a better treat (if it works).

The question shouldnt be now if it is true, but of when it will be public. That being the case, I'd guess on late this year for an announcement (especially if any of the WM5 phones are announceed) and released early next year.

As for a Cobalt phone, I'd see that coming slightly before WM5 phone, only to keep the PalmOS side of Palm investors happy, probably making incentive to make PalmLinux a touch faster/better/now.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Looks like windows treo is a real thing.
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000050053387/
    wow

let's merge this with the other 5 threads that were merged
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    ... 2.A slider? Nah...too much hassle, even with the larger screen payoff. You ever tried a slider (PPC6600 or Samsung i730) one handed? Not for me!
    I have an i730. It's slider is perfection. It is easier to use the slider one handed than any 5 way button - either the Treo's or the i730's. I don't think anybody should pay any attention to any criticism of the i730's slider unless the person making the criticism has spent at least a week using it.

The 6600 slider is a completely different animal. Not nearly in the same class for ease of use.
    WTF..
    Insertion jumped in within minutes of my post!
    Well, i was just confirming .
    Engadget is more reliable than howardforums .
    Also the site has some video clips as well.
    Sorry about being slightly redundant.
    how could a slider be easier to use than a 5way?
    1 | 2
    Wow, Kupe - you really take this stuff personally, don't you? Methinks you need to get out in the sun and have some fun and talk to some live people once in awhile.
    How many different threads do we need about this?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast