Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    third thread on this
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    except that the hardware is different and matches the other prototypes posted here earlier.

look at the buttons/keyboard.
    Bingo. And LOL nice avatar , who ever is in that pic looks like Officer Hooks shooting a gun(Police Academy).
    Last edited by NRG; 08/05/2005 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Clarification
    vid is defintely real heh no denying that
    <merged 4 thread about 670>
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HumP
    vid is defintely real heh no denying that
    Holy Snikes!! It is Matt Foley Motivational Speaker!!! Love that guy.
    Better a skeptic than a sucker, I always say. I got my link through Gizmodo originally - they have now retracted the story I read this morning: http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/cellp...into-it-115934

Still, as noted above (and here I'll say it again, since it seems you missed it) I don't doubt such a device is being evaluated by Palm and HTC. I am still VERY skeptical that Verizon will be the first carrier to launch it.

FWIW - generally, my sources are quite reliable. But I'm sure my friends at Sprint, Verizon and Cingular wouldn't want me to talk about their device roadmaps since I'm still under NDA.
    ...I'll give you this. It LOOKS real. I just have a few complaints if it is.
    1. COBALT!!! I certainly don't CARE if they put Windows on one, but give me the God Damn OS I signed up for!
    2. VZW first? That makes absolutely no sense, but alright.
    3. That is a **** ugly phone.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    third thread on this
    Time for Mods to add to the fleet and create a Category for Treo 670 threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    who ever is in that pic looks like Officer Hooks shooting a gun(Police Academy).
    ...He's got a trumpet, a treo, and now a gun??
    You guys see the thread in the general chat? Actually have a cuople videos of the phone in action, good enough that everyone's up in arms now about what may be. Anyway, rumor goes that the next treo will have a choice of os, wm5 or palmOS cobalt.

From a business standpoint it doesn't seem to be too unreasonable a move. . . microsoft is moving faster than palmsource and microsoft is ubiquitous.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

even though i just purchased my treo 650 with ~~$100 worth of software, it will all be listed on ebay once the Windows Mobile 5 GSM treo comes out. given, it supports my 2gb sd (or that might go with auction too!)
    treo 650 + SanDisk Ultra II 2GB
    in the process of selling the treo 650 and buying Qtek 9100.
    forgive my ignorance but am i to assume that Treo is completely moving away from a Palm OS based system? i've been using Pocket PC for the last 2 years and because I like the treo features i switched over to Treo/Palm about 2 months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdario
    forgive my ignorance but am i to assume that Treo is completely moving away from a Palm OS based system? i've been using Pocket PC for the last 2 years and because I like the treo features i switched over to Treo/Palm about 2 months ago.
    the same person that reported the windows treo also reported a new Palm OS version of the treo. so to answer your question, no, palm is not moving completely away from the palmOS.
    why would they release two version of the Treo 670?
    I wish it were not true. But, the fact this thing has been poping up all over the web is leading me to beleave it is true. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdario
    why would they release two version of the Treo 670?
    because some people might wanna buy a PalmOS Cobalt version and other people (like me) prefer Windows Mobile 5.0 version.
    the videos and the pictures are completly real.

I just posted more at here
    oh sh*t...
    crrrrrrrrrazy
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast