Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Bye bye to all those neat little free Palm applications we could get
    i get it.. so Palm will change.. and Palmsource will be out of a job i guess..

sad times..
    Most people use their phone to talk... i use mine for everything else..
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I would be very disappointment if this phone replaces the 650. It is damn ugly. My personal opinion is that this is only a prototype. Palm might have been testing the OS on this prototype for a while, but I bet they have not come up with their next design yet, or they have not finalized it yet. This design has been around for more than a year now, and it is hard to believe that they are going to use this old design as a predecessor to Treo.
    if you wanna talk about looks, i dont thinks theres anyway a new treo could "out-look" a motorola Q since both phones seem essentially the same now except the moto Q looks infinitely better, is half the width, gets rid of the antenna and just looks awesome

but im just talking about LOOKS.. not with software and hardware integration ( had to add that in before the million replies about how the treo outperforms moto in performance)
    Most people use their phone to talk... i use mine for everything else..
    I definitely hope there will also be a Cobalt OS version -- that would be sweet!
    Wow! What a great find. Thanks for posting. I am a little bummed that Verizon may be releasing it first (especially because it seems like yesterday when they put the 650 out) but I am hoping Sprint won't be too far along.

BTW-1.3mp cam and evdo will be nice on the next upgrade as well
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Eh... I don't know what to make of that... I mean it's probably good business for Palm to sell a WM Treo, but I certainly don't want one! I would personally much rather have a Cobalt OS Treo. I really hope Palm doesn't desert all the users that prefer that OS on the next treo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Eh... I still want my Cobalt Treo personally....

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I want one so bad!! Having owned a Palm V....then a IPAQ 2200....now a Treo 650 = I prefer the windows OS. I love my Treo and the all-in-one functoinality, but I like Windows. So what if MS monopolizes everything....their stuff works great (IMO)
    Well the same poster said there is a cobalt version, so there is still hope.

BELIEVE!

It would be funny if Palm transfer its OS to windows and than compete with Dell and Taiwanese OEM on the cut throat PPC market; and then Palmsource changed its name and get brought out by Apple. Hey PalmOne brought BeOS before it split out PalmSource, it's possible.
    The video looks real enough. My questions are:

- When will this phone be available?
    - Could this unit in the video be only a prototype? The form factor was first seen back in March, and what took so long?
    - Why Verizon? Was Verizon the only carrier who specifically wanted a WM Treo?

I am surprised that Palm decided to use the Treo sub-brand and the same 6 series number for their WM phones.

This is an exciting time for smartphones....can't wait.
    Wow....I leave my house for a few hours and then we get a friggin' movie of this WM Treo. I dunno what to believe....

Just that hell has frozen over soo many times this year. Watching the tech industry has usually been fun, but this rollercoaster is gettin' to be too much for me.
    I personally like the new hardware, but I sure don't want a PPC Treo. I sure hope the sam2579 guy is spot-on with the Cobalt news.

I really, really don't get the Verizon thing. Surely they would remain true to Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    I really, really don't get the Verizon thing. Surely they would remain true to Sprint.
    I kind of thought the same thing (especially with the EVDO rollout and how verizon has been promoting it for most of the summer.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by Indicator
    LOL - you need better sources like this one. Also looks like the Treo General section here a TreoCentral finally picked it up later on today. Go look at the videos - they're pretty hard to fake. Work on your sources - Roc on Howard forums is always spot on!

. . . or you could remain in denial.
    HTC builds many Windows based phones. Palm probably commisioned them to build some prototypes for them for a feasability study. Its probably similar to Apple having OSX running on Intel PCs for the last 5 years, just in case the market turns on them. This way, if the market does turn, Palm wont be left holding the bag.
    Looks real to me, go here to see 3 short videos

http://engadget.com/entry/1234000840053340/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HTC already builds the Treo 650 right now for Palm. It would make sense if they built this 670 monstrousity as well...

I hope it comes soon! Ready to buy one!

(Hopefully Marc and ChatterEmail will setup up and make CE work with Windows OS)
    I highly doubt Palm will discontinue offering a Palm OS version as well, at least for quite a while. There are way too many developers and users with dollars and desires wrapped up in the Palm OS today for abandonment.

Just my 2 cents
    -jeff
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast