Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021 LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 418
  1. #381  
    Waht's This? Treo 670 to validate what sam's been saying all along here.

    http://tamspalm.blogspot.com/2005/09...confirmed.html
    Palm V -> Pocket PC -> Treo 650 GSM
    ----------------- ^
    Slipped to the "Dark Side" for a while, But I'm back
  2. #382  
    I don't understand why they pick a number so close to 650.

    "Oh I brought this new mp3 software for my Treo."
    "What's that for? Treo 600, Treo 650?"
    "Yeah I just got one of those keyboard phone."
    "You have a Treo 670. It doesn't work."
    "Wha?!"

    Before you guys jump on me, how many people remember the exact model number of your last three phones?
  3. #383  
    The review I read of the HP IPaq 6515 running WM 5 got a definate do not buy rating. According to this review a vast majority of WM applications aren't compatible with its 240x240 screen making it pointless to have it be WM.
    Anyone with experience with WM apps and devices know if this is likely to be the case with the Treo or not assuming it has the 320x320 screen?
    Other than that it seemed to be a great handheld pretty much as advertised. There was a nit pick or two of course but no more than any other including the Treo. It was that 1 issue of app compatibility that made it pretty much pointless to buy
    Last edited by taylorh; 09/19/2005 at 01:37 AM.
  4. #384  
    If and when a WinMob Treo is released the apps will most certainly follow big time.
  5. #385  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJ
    Waht's This? Treo 670 to validate what sam's been saying all along here.

    http://tamspalm.blogspot.com/2005/09...confirmed.html
    Well, it's sure to bomb if it only has 64mb of ram. My Axim x50v, at 128mb, was the first really usable PPC I tried (not a lot of experience with them: Toshiba, HP19XX, HP 21XX, x50v). When you consider necessary smartphone integration, I'd bet 64mb is a bare minimum. But of course, that's also vintage Palm to UNDERSIZE ram in the name of cost savings and "efficiency" (I think they forgot they're dealing with M$ here).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  6. #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Well, it's sure to bomb if it only has 64mb of ram. My Axim x50v, at 128mb, was the first really usable PPC I tried (not a lot of experience with them: Toshiba, HP19XX, HP 21XX, x50v). When you consider necessary smartphone integration, I'd bet 64mb is a bare minimum. But of course, that's also vintage Palm to UNDERSIZE ram in the name of cost savings and "efficiency" (I think they forgot they're dealing with M$ here).
    Well, you will be happy to hear that 64meg of ram is PLENTY. The WM5 OS has seperate memory for OS and application. I am guessing that a WM5 Treo will have 128meg ROM, and 64meg RAM like every WM5 device coming out. This is what you want because it uses less battery and you will have a very hard time using 64meg of RAM memory. I have a WM5 device right now and I can't ever get over 19meg of used RAM.
  7. #387  
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    Well, you will be happy to hear that 64meg of ram is PLENTY. The WM5 OS has seperate memory for OS and application. I am guessing that a WM5 Treo will have 128meg ROM, and 64meg RAM like every WM5 device coming out. This is what you want because it uses less battery and you will have a very hard time using 64meg of RAM memory. I have a WM5 device right now and I can't ever get over 19meg of used RAM.
    Ummm Palm treo with 128mb memory built in??? Ummm yeah sure, Palm knows how to keep your expectation in the gutter. Didnt you remember when Treo600 released. We were waiting for Bluetooth in Treo600 and better memory. And that never happened. Then Treo650 released and they did fix memory issue (now u can switch battery) and we were expecting best bluetooth (hey we waited long for it, didnt we?), wifi, more memory and EVDO. And that never happened. And now we are expecting again that Palm do something extraordinary. Alas if Palm could ever surprised us. Ummm I mean pleasant surprise.
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
  8. #388  
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    Well, you will be happy to hear that 64meg of ram is PLENTY. The WM5 OS has seperate memory for OS and application. I am guessing that a WM5 Treo will have 128meg ROM, and 64meg RAM like every WM5 device coming out. This is what you want because it uses less battery and you will have a very hard time using 64meg of RAM memory. I have a WM5 device right now and I can't ever get over 19meg of used RAM.
    I'm glad it's okay for you, but storage & operating ram were cramped for me - add a few third party apps (Textmaker, Pocket Informant, a powerpoint program) and it's tighter than a runway model's jeans. Granted, I like PPC's memory handling better - SD is like a hard drive, but load times suck.

    Besides, I'm telling you, Palm will tell you 64mb is GENEROUS and more than you'll ever need.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  9. #389  
    kyocera 6015
    treo 300
    treo 600



    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    I don't understand why they pick a number so close to 650.

    "Oh I brought this new mp3 software for my Treo."
    "What's that for? Treo 600, Treo 650?"
    "Yeah I just got one of those keyboard phone."
    "You have a Treo 670. It doesn't work."
    "Wha?!"

    Before you guys jump on me, how many people remember the exact model number of your last three phones?
  10. #390  
    I think it's obvious, palm really needs to step it up with there 'cutting edge' products- I'm not trying to start the whole "price - technology " argument, but when friegn companies are rolling out the high end products we continually see, you either step up to the plate or close up shop
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  11. Lee B's Avatar
    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    #391  
    Wildstrom's column on technology in Business Week says Palm will soon announce a Treo running WM5. He writes they'll sell Treos with both OS's for the foreseeable future, but that Windows will eventually dominate. This is probably what you'd call a reliable source.

    http://www.businessweek.com/technol..._6583_tc081.htm
  12. #392  
    My hope is that the two OSs compete into the future, trying to create the best user experience. . . . . that would be great for us.
  13. #393  
    Thanks for the article. Great to have confirmation from outside the world of message boards.

    Key dates:
    9/22 Thursday 5pm EST - Palm announces earnings in conference call. Analysts are likely to ask about the Windows Treo. I wonder whether Palm will stick to its usual vague non-denial.
    9/26 Monday 4pm EST - Palm Analyst Day. We'll see the real news here, I think. Live webcast.
    9/27 Tuesday - CTIA Wireless.
  14. #394  
    The link above is broken, but the one in the other thread works.
    Here it is again:
    http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...6583_tc081.htm

    Btw, I noticed he doesn't cite a source. They usually at least acknowledge an anonymous source. I hope his source isn't this message board...
  15. vw2002's Avatar
    Posts
    904 Posts
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    #395  
    so ends the line of palm os, son of palmsource.
    I gotta have more cowbell
  16. #396  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJ
    Waht's This? Treo 670 to validate what sam's been saying all along here.http://tamspalm.blogspot.com/2005/09...confirmed.html
    My ANONYMOUS source says Palm is actually making an OsX Treo 660 which will be released before the 670 WM addition in the next 5 months.
  17. #397  
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    ...I am guessing that a WM5 Treo will have 128meg ROM, and 64meg RAM like every WM5 device coming out...
    I was told by my ANONYMOUS sources that the Treo 670 will actually use virtual memory and a 5 gig compact flash microdrive.
  18. #398  
    i bet.
  19. #399  
    How reliable is this...

    http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...6583_tc081.htm

    Palm (PALM ) will soon announce a Treo powered not by Palm OS software but by Microsoft's Windows Mobile 5. And while Palm will sell both Palm OS and Windows Treos for the indefinite future, Microsoft (MSFT ) software is likely to dominate the market over time.
  20. #400  
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.

Posting Permissions