Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Oh I can't wait until that comes out. I'm going to to request SPCS upgrade my 650 to the Windows version. Still can't get past the OLERR errors. I hope it is released soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxGuy
    Quicktime can play them, probably others. On Linux I used mplayer.

If you have Quicktime installed, try these links for the videos.

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=0804051316
    http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=0805051513
    I still can't view the videos
    Software Engineer
    US Army TACOM
    Civilian
    omfg.. its the END of the WORLD.. i can hardly believe it.. maybe i dont want to..

although.. on the engadget comments section, someone DID list a good point. it COULD be still be a hoax.. with an altered Treo merely running a video of Windows for a smartphone..

maybe im just having trouble accepting the fact that palm OS is dying..
    Most people use their phone to talk... i use mine for everything else..
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahsad
    omfg.. its the END of the WORLD.. i can hardly believe it.. maybe i dont want to..

although.. on the engadget comments section, someone DID list a good point. it COULD be still be a hoax.. with an altered Treo merely running a video of Windows for a smartphone..

except that the hardware is different and matches the other prototypes posted here earlier.

look at the buttons/keyboard.
    I'm not calling BS on this, but I could easily replicate this if I had that prototype Treo 650 that was shown earlier on these very boards (and is in the videos),.
    Actually, I partially rescind my last comment. I think the treo has a one pixel white boarder when playing movies (at least TCPMP does). I did not see that in the movies above.
    i was actually referring to this post
    http://www.pocketfactory.com/archive...treo_700_h.php

as Indicator had linked in another post..

it could very well be another HTC prototype parading as a treo upgrade..

.... but all things considered.. i think this new model is very possible.. sadly
    man this sucks, I just bought a brand new Treo 650 this past Wed. should I be looking to get my money back? I have 2 weeks to decide I guess...I just got rid of my SX66 for Cingular if I knew this was true I would have just kept it. This is not cool...
    nahh.. either way, you look at it.. EVEN if this thing is real and its coming out, its obviously barely past test stages.. im guessing the EARLIEST it'll come out is Q1 or maybe even Q2 of next year.. even the Motorola Q, which they're already advertising on their website won't be out until Q1 next year.. ALSO, the version we see is Verizon.. and it always takes time to make different models for different carriers, especially if you're talking about the switch from CDMA to GSM.. since you're cingular ( as am i).. we still have a while to go
    my contract runs up in july so im guessing by then it'll have just come out a month or so prior.. which is perfect for me to read up on reviews, forum talk, and etc. on it before making my decision on buying it.. =P
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Looks real to me

http://blog.treonauts.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Here's a short roundup of all the (shocking) news, pictures and video relating to the Treo 670...

http://blog.treonauts.com/2005/08/treo_670_runnin.html

Cheers, W.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    my bad
    The only thing that makes me throw up a flag is the "Verizion" branding on it..........

I would suspect a "beta" to have no carrier marking, or maybe the new "palm" emblem instead. And no windows emblem behind the battery.

But that doesn't make it any less interesting.
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!

very possible - however, i have frequented the hofo forums for a looong time now.

roc is sincere and from what i can tell has always had a strong track record with discoveries, statements and integrity.

we'll know soon enough.

now if that was a 3.5mm jack that would be sweet!

regards,
    dolo
    .:Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around:.
    Here's a short roundup of all the (shocking) news, pictures and video relating to the Treo 670...

http://blog.treonauts.com/2005/08/treo_670_runnin.html

Cheers, W.
    here's something thats been getting me for awhile.. im thinking that the above models are HTC prototypes.. and while they will probably come out, im not sure if it will even be labeled as Treo.. isn't Treo as a model, owned by PalmOne, and designed by Handspring ( correct me if im wrong)? if so, will Palm change its name from PalmOS to PalmPC or something? how would palm even work?
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff
    The only thing that makes me throw up a flag is the "Verizion" branding on it..........

I would suspect a "beta" to have no carrier marking, or maybe the new "palm" emblem instead. And no windows emblem behind the battery.

But that doesn't make it any less interesting.

keep in mind that the current treo doesn't have the old palmone logo (except for the unlocked one)
    I just hope that Palm sees fit to release an upgrade for my still new Treo 650. I love the hardware, hate the software. Windows Pocket OS's rule. I miss being able to play Playstation games ever since I ran out of room in my pocket for a Treo and an iPaq.
    here's something thats been getting me for awhile.. im thinking that the above models are HTC prototypes.. and while they will probably come out, im not sure if it will even be labeled as Treo.. isn't Treo as a model, owned by PalmOne, and designed by Handspring ( correct me if im wrong)? if so, will Palm change its name from PalmOS to PalmPC or something? how would palm even work?

I think you may be confused...PALM (formerly palmOne) is a hardware company, not a software company. The can change the os they use on their hardware.

Palmsource is the software company.
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast