Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021 LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 418
  1. #361  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Actually, if you want to bash the hardware of the 650, you are bashing HTC which is a PPC phone maker. If you want to bash the 600's hardware, you are bashing Handspring which is no more...

    Which is it?
    I didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers. I LOVED the concept of the Treo 600 and then the Treo 650. The problem is the hardware is problematic. I support 100's of wireless users and we have had a return/replacment rate of over 90% of them! Thats insane.
  2. #362  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Actually, if you want to bash the hardware of the 650, you are bashing HTC which is a PPC phone maker. If you want to bash the 600's hardware, you are bashing Handspring which is no more...

    Which is it?
    While we all know that HTC makes the hardware, I don't know if HTC sets the quality control specs. Wouldn't PALM set this? In my experience they would.

    The Treo line for HTC is not like the Windows Mobile lines they make. HTC actually designs and makes the windows mobile phones they manufacture. Other companies just OEM/relable/rebrand/ and add custom software and sell them.
  3. #363  
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    I didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers. I LOVED the concept of the Treo 600 and then the Treo 650. The problem is the hardware is problematic. I support 100's of wireless users and we have had a return/replacment rate of over 90% of them! Thats insane.
    Blahblah....

    PocketPC's are a hell of a lot more problematic, and unless you're talking about the old Brick Blackberrys they're just plastic P.O.S.

    The Treo is fairly rugged compared to most smartphones today.

    Btw: Don't lie about 90% return rates. What are your wireless users? Retards/Scuba Divers?
  4. #364  
    Quote Originally Posted by gyrfalcon
    Blahblah....

    PocketPC's are a hell of a lot more problematic, and unless you're talking about the old Brick Blackberrys they're just plastic P.O.S.

    The Treo is fairly rugged compared to most smartphones today.

    Btw: Don't lie about 90% return rates. What are your wireless users? Retards/Scuba Divers?
    No dats Boost Mobile,
  5. #365  
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    While we all know that HTC makes the hardware, I don't know if HTC sets the quality control specs. Wouldn't PALM set this? In my experience they would.

    The Treo line for HTC is not like the Windows Mobile lines they make. HTC actually designs and makes the windows mobile phones they manufacture. Other companies just OEM/relable/rebrand/ and add custom software and sell them.
    The T600 is still more reliable and stable than any Windoze Mobile line.
  6. #366  
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    I didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers. I LOVED the concept of the Treo 600 and then the Treo 650. The problem is the hardware is problematic. I support 100's of wireless users and we have had a return/replacment rate of over 90% of them! Thats insane.
    Over 90%? I doubt that, unless you have one user.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7. Stig's Avatar
    Posts
    329 Posts
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    #367  
    Let's not open up the debate about reliability statistics again! The Treo has always been a little fragile compared to your standard Nokia handset. You don't hear in the press how often iPods die regularly!
  8. #368  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig
    Let's not open up the debate about reliability statistics again! The Treo has always been a little fragile compared to your standard Nokia handset. You don't hear in the press how often iPods die regularly!
    Your Noki handset is not a smartphone...although its address book and games totally rock though.
  9. #369  
    Hey guys! I visited my local Sprint store today, and the Sprint representative said that she has been informed by her superiors the Treo 650 is "out-of-date" and would be replaced with a new Treo at the end of the quarter, which occurs sometime in October. So, we may be seeing a new Treo before Christmas after all!

    She didn't have any specs on the new Treo; only this news that the current Treo and one other phone at Sprint had been "end-of-lifed".
  10. Stig's Avatar
    Posts
    329 Posts
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    #370  
    Quote Originally Posted by glindsey
    Hey guys! I visited my local Sprint store today, and the Sprint representative said that she has been informed by her superiors the Treo 650 is "out-of-date" and would be replaced with a new Treo at the end of the quarter, which occurs sometime in October. So, we may be seeing a new Treo before Christmas after all!

    She didn't have any specs on the new Treo; only this news that the current Treo and one other phone at Sprint had been "end-of-lifed".
    And... didn't we all just get an email from Palm about a $50 price cut for the unlocked 650? Another hint that a new product announcement may be close.
  11. #371  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig
    And... didn't we all just get an email from Palm about a $50 price cut for the unlocked 650? Another hint that a new product announcement may be close.
    A $50 price drop doesnt seem like an indication of inventory clearing to me. Maybe if it was $100 or more, but $650 vs $700 isnt going to get people jumping to go buy one.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
  12. #372  
    It doesn't have to be an inventory clearing. I interpret this as making room in the price list for a new high end product.
  13. #373  
    Agreed - Invnetory clearing it is not- making room in the rpciing structure sounds more sound.

    I'll say it beofre someone else does -Wasn't there that thing about a Family of treo's? :-)
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  14. #374  
    And this family would be composed of what members?

    Expensive, Super Expensive, Cost of NASA Apollo Program Expensive ???
  15. #375  
    I want a Treo with a slot for my iPod Nano!
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
  16. #376  
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    I want a Treo with a slot for my iPod Nano!
    ...
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  17. #377  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    ...
    And still, Tin-Dome remains silent...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  18. #378  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    And still, Tin-Dome remains silent...
    ... ...
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  19. #379  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    ... ...

    I Don't understand all of these pictures ... can u spell it out? Cobalt or Win Mobile? I730 or Treo 670?

    What r u saying?



    (Prod, Prod, Prod)
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  20. #380  
    Quote Originally Posted by glindsey
    Hey guys! I visited my local Sprint store today, and the Sprint representative said that she has been informed by her superiors the Treo 650 is "out-of-date" and would be replaced with a new Treo at the end of the quarter, which occurs sometime in October. So, we may be seeing a new Treo before Christmas after all! She didn't have any specs on the new Treo; only this news that the current Treo and one other phone at Sprint had been "end-of-lifed".
    Not to be a *****; but the people in the Sprint store know about as much product releases/Treos as garbage collectors know about space travel.

Posting Permissions