Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i can't believe it - i've actually got FOUR people to get treos

the first two are realtors - they're on verizon and of course got 600s (they got their new cellphones in June). but one of them kept getting orangish/yellow "rot" on the screen - its like spreading mold or something. took it back three times - finally they relented and upgraded him to a 650 f(now that vzn carries it) and he loves it!

the other two are a broker and a composite materials business owner. one's with cingular, the other is with verizon. both are loving their treos!

cool, eh?
    4 and counting...3 Cingular, One Verizon.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    So far 2, both Sprint. (Even though I'm with cingular).

I have paid for it by constantly loading software for them and fixing problems. Bleh.
    crap. 2. 2 this week. my co-worker and the big boss. they tried the samsung i730 and didnt like it so I lent them my spare 650 (doesnt everyone have a spare 650?) and now they are both getting one on the verizon network.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Four. 2 Verizon, 2 Cingular. Oh, and the most likely reason I've converted them is because of things I've learned on this board. I've had Palm smartphones since '99, and have never converted people before.
    Two for the 600 and one of them has moved on to a 650.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Not sure how many,at this point I've lost count-between friends,family,coworkers,employees-but last night while in an ER,convinced a resident-to the point that they wanted to buy it from me on the spot !
    0...generally i get the following reactions "man its soooooo big" or "is that a blackberry"...to which i respond no its better, followed by them losing all interest
    My son bought a new T600 in July (screen had a black horizontal line on it!!!) as a result of me having one, and also due to the fact that his SE T616 was damaged in a car accident...
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    4 x 180, 2 x 270, 2 x 300, 7 x 600, 5 x 650

not counting ebay....
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    0...generally i get the following reactions "man its soooooo big" or "is that a blackberry"...to which i respond no its better, followed by them losing all interest
    I'm not quite sure what exactly it is you are refering to...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    Yeah, I get "Is that a Blackberry?" all the time.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Yeah, I get "Is that a Blackberry?" all the time.
    DITTO!! Why can't Palm market successfully?? Jeezum Petes!

I've influenced 2 people to get the 650. I'm sure it'd be more now if people didn't have stankin' contracts.
    So far, my girlfriend and a co-worker...But I got the regional manager to hold off on buying us the new Blackberries after I showed him some cool tricks. When I VPN'd into our server from a customer site using PDAnet, he started giving the BBs and the Air cards another thought. I don't know if that was good or bad though...i hear those Air cards are pretty fast. I tested my speed using PDAnet and averaged only 130 kbps downstream and 52 kbps upstream. Anyway, I dig the Treo and don't want to be mandated to use the BB.
    Influenced 3 Treo 650's here. 2 Sprints and 1 Cingular.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Two people (one got a 600 for AT&T and another got the 650 for sprint-even though he had a contract with verizon)

Two more may be getting the 650 soon...depending on the department budgets ;-)

I have contemplated starting my own consulting for all the new treo phones...so far I have gotten paid lunches for helping everyone set their treos up. ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    i just registered to treocentral this is my first reply here. just wanna let u guys know, whoever u refer to u could actually make money out of it. go to http://paysback.palmone.com/ and register u could order stuff from palmone.
    HaVaTaMpA
    2 600s. My sister recently bought one and my wife demanded my old one when I upgraded. Now that she's seen my 650 she wants one. I guess I'll be selling the 600 on eBay soon!
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
  19.    #19  
    lol!

not only did I just meet somebody who got a 650 - he's a poster here on this board! how cool! (he knows who he is)

on another note - i'm seeing 650s everywhere - very impressive!
    About 50 300s, 200 600s, and 300 650s.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast